BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Bellingham and have been wondering if there are any riders in the area that do any touring and such during the riding season that would be interested in some rides.
GT

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Yep. I ride out of CDA (Coeur d'Alene, ID). Last years rides included: May - down to Colorado via Yellowstone, then out to Shelter Cove CA (to backpack California's Lost Coast), then up the OR coast and back to CDA; June - a loop ride back to Yellowstone to do some backpacking; July - a trip to Nelson BC to attend a swell party given by a local sculpture; and an out & back 4 day tour of WA route 20 thru the Cascades; Aug - laid low due to fires; Sept - a 30-day connect the dots...CDA, Enterprise OR, Quincy CA for the N Cali Riders Autumn Beemer Bash, then to Great Basin NP, NV, Moab UT, Ft Collins CO, Steamboat CO, Aspen then Ordway CO (to visit old friends), Pittsburg KS, Mountain View AR, Albany LA hometown, Nola, Hot Springs AR, Talimena OK, McLean TX, Los Alamos NM, Moab UT (again!), and back to CDA via Riggins Salmon River by way.

Always looking for someone to ride with!

Reactions: Morgan

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am a few hours south but my youngest daughter lives in B'ham. Just drop me a line when you would like to go for a scoot about the area.
Might be fun to take a run to Whistler and have lunch then return for example. We could plan something and try to include many others.
Be Well!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I'm just north of you in Vancouver BC. I would be very interested in some trips.
My 'big' trip this year will be to darbys BBQ meet up in Colorado.
I still work so will mainly be available Friday to Mondays

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I think I may be in on the BBQ too.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply gentlemen. Looking forward to putting some rides together. I’m retired and can take off pretty much anytime.
I’m going to go to Winnamucca NV the end of May to watch all the crazy stuff at the RunaMucca bike event. Lots of good riding getting there and back. Anyone interested in that ride, let me know.

Gordie Thomas
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I am thinking about the BBQ ride as well...It may fit perfectly with my trip to East coast this fall.....sounds fun.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
I'm just north of you in Vancouver BC. I would be very interested in some trips.
My 'big' trip this year will be to darbys BBQ meet up in Colorado.
I still work so will mainly be available Friday to Mondays
What? No MOA this year?

Better make 2 biggies this year! :)

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
from Puyallup but can be talked into some weekend rides

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

·
Mr.Fix It
6,886 Posts
Unfortunately not. Hoping for the MOA to be closer in 2019
I'm banking on '19 being on the east coast; planning on heading to Newfoundland after the rally.

Duane

·
Registered
71 Posts
I live in Bellingham and have been wondering if there are any riders in the area that do any touring and such during the riding season that would be interested in some rides.
GT
I live in Ferndale, 10 mins north of you, and would be interested if the timing is right. Likely doing a ride to Salt Lake City in late May this year.
Heading over to Winthrop on North Cascades Hiway is always fun

Cheers

·
Q
5,247 Posts
Tell me more about the BBQ. I’ve been watching the post, sounds interesting.

GT
Gordie,
We gather, we ride, we eat, we ride some more, we eat some more.... what more do you want to know!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts