626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Yeah, saw the reports yesterday. Tragic and sad for his family and friends. I saw a pic of his bike from earlier in the evening. Not sure which model, but thought it was some version of K.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a bad spot. Evidently Cedric Benson was riding (I think either a BMW S1000RR or maybe an HP4) with a passenger on 2222 (the through road) and the minivan was coming out from street that Ts into 2222 and trying to turn left onto 2222. The preliminary reports I've seen say that speed and visibility were probably factors, so it might have been the speed of the motorcycle and it coming around a curve from where the driver of the minivan couldn't see it before pulling out and the motorcyclist couldn't see the minivan beyond his vanishing point. The motorcycle on 2222 would have had the right of way. Tragic scenario that is too common.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
It doesn't really matter on which bike he died, but I thought it perhaps a K1300S, but I'm just not sure. Peace to his loved ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Rippling waves of goose-pimples over my body.
So sad. So tragic for any of us.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
It's a K1300S HP Sport special edition that he posted up on social media, whether that's the bike he was on or not. I'm familiar. They're awesome bikes, and widely available for a really good price, because as cool as they look with the motosport paint scheme, and all the HP parts, the engine and transmission is the same, but the suspension is sportier/stiffer and the pegs are rearsets, so a lot of folks get 'em and don't ride 'em. That bike had aftermarket carbon panels added to it, though, so don't know if it had been down before, or if it was his bike, if he just liked carbon.

It makes me livid that some idiots/d-bags on social media last night had jumped on either: "See, it was one of them thar Bee-em-dubahyoos whut got him killed." OR "Only rich a-holes who think they're better than me ride BMWs, so I don't care if he's dead." They were very much the minority and were quickly taken to task, but some people in this world are just horrible human beings. I got in an argument with one doofus who basically argued that since he had run across a few jerk motorcyclists, it should just be legal for car drivers to kill us all.

Plenty of fault to go around here, but the thing that gets me most is the blind intersection. If a person who lives nearby tells guests to turn right and go down the street and then turn back around, rather than turn left, it's a problem and everybody knows it.

Let's hope his death can at least play a role in stopping future death or injury at that location.

I liked Benson when he played for Texas, then hated him on the field when he played for the Jets, but he was just a brother motorcyclist who deserved a much better fate at the end. RIP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts