BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember seeing Easy Rider when i was a young lad in the early 70's and remember loving the film, perhaps its the film that made me interested in bikes.
Anyhow seems as though he's gone to join Dennis Hopper on a rideout.

Quote ....
"We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded. And we want to have a good time!" From the film The Wild Angels

Brilliant soundtrack as well from Easy Rider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3fLJ8#action=share

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I saw the movie just after I got back from Viet Nam. I was stationed in southern Georgia at the time. I saw the late showing. When I left the theater I had to walk several hundred yards to get to my ride, a 1970 R75/5, then return 25 miles through the rural roads to my quarters. With the ending in mind, that was a long & scary ride.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
RIP, one of the few great ones.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I was 18 I think when I saw Easy Rider and I have to admit it did get my juices flowing about riding a motorcycle, but Fonda's acting was at best barely acceptable. I would be lying if I said there was any dialogue to speak of in that movie and Hopper's part was even less memorable. Wild Angels was another Fonda flop that included a Sinatra. Well now he is free to ride anywhere he wants and glamorize drug use along the way.

Rick H.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
A death is always sad for the family and friends. This guy contributed nothing for the greater good that I am aware of. That being said, lung cancer is a rough way to go so I'm sure it is a blessing his suffering has ended.

·
Registered
230 Posts
He seemed like a nice guy and all but does anyone honestly think either he or Jane would've had an acting career unless they'd been Henry Fonda's offspring?

Charter members of The Lucky Sperm Club.

Nonetheless, RIP.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
I like Easy Rider, and it probably had a lot to do with me riding in the late 60's early 70's. Never much of a fan though of Peter Fonda !

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
I was never a fan of any of the Fonda's except the old man, Henry Fonda. Don't wish anyone ill, but Hanoi Jane is on deck, and when she drops I'm going straight to the VFW to piss on her.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I was never a fan of any of the Fonda's except the old man, Henry Fonda. Don't wish anyone ill, but Hanoi Jane is on deck, and when she drops I'm going straight to the VFW to piss on her.
The line will be many miles long. I'll be there too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts