601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

In this months Newsletter is up and ready for your viewing ... Click Here

You will see

"My Editorial"
"Letters "

"Events" Learn about our 18th Annual Sonoma Raceway Food Drive Ride & Laps

"This is what we do" section as a new electrical product and stories about our last three events.
One of which we did as participants and actually camped.

"RKA's On Going SALE Page" keep looking you will at some point find something you have to have.
"My Opinion" Kinda like my editorials only better.

"Richard's Photos / Videos of the Month" Enjoy some blasts from the past!

"Stories You May Like" We will focus on Richard's LinkedIn Account. He has written many Stories/Articles there, and you will see three of them on this month's newsletter.

"Life explained Series" always a favorite.

Lastly and most important to YOU.

RKA is offering ALL OF YOU a $50.00 Gift Certificate for any orders over $200.00 for ANYTHING we offer.
You need to CALL TO ORDER 707 836 7659 and just say "I heard about this on your Newsletter" or on the
"Forums"

THIS OFFER IS GOOD ONLY ONE TIME PER PERSON AND ENDS ON OCTOBER 12TH
Pretty easy .... Easy money gang.

Enjoy the Newsletter

PS, If you are anywhere remotely close to us, join us next month for the food drive ride, and join us next year for "Horizons Unlimited" in Mariposa

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
The link worked for me.

I picked up a set of saddle bag liners the last time I RKA had this discount and finally put them to the test last week. They are much better than the Cee Baileys that I had for my Kawasaki Concours. The RKA bags have some stiffener in the bottom so the bags end up retaining the shape of the saddle bags. This makes them easy to fit into and close the pannier. The zippered side compartments take up some otherwise unusable space in the pannier's also.

I give them huge thumbs up if you do any touring that involves carrying luggage in and out of hotels. A $50 discount makes the deal even sweeter.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
Richard - On the newsletter you mentioned that "Powelet has left the building". Did they go under?

·
Premium Member
6,601 Posts
@Richardrka, Richard, here's a couple of Sena questions for you. I have the 30K, wife has 20S. I also have an SR10 that works with UHF radio and radar detector. Here's the scenario, everything on, everything connected, wife and I on intercom. I get a transmission from another biker with UHF radio. Immediately following transmission the audio from my wife is severely garbled. So bad that she has to disconnect from me and reconnect. When she does this, everything is fine. If I disconnect from her and reconnect, no joy, her transmission is still garbled. Same thing happens to intercom when Radar detector goes off...

Question #2: I had a USB cable with ground fault cable connected to power the SR10. But, feedback is no bad that UHF radio is unusable. I disconnect USB, everything is fine. I've since removed the USB charging cable and now just charge the SR10 after riding....

Duane

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sr10, 30k, 20s

@Richardrka, Richard, here's a couple of Sena questions for you. I have the 30K, wife has 20S. I also have an SR10 that works with UHF radio and radar detector. Here's the scenario, everything on, everything connected, wife and I on intercom. I get a transmission from another biker with UHF radio. Immediately following transmission the audio from my wife is severely garbled. So bad that she has to disconnect from me and reconnect. When she does this, everything is fine. If I disconnect from her and reconnect, no joy, her transmission is still garbled. Same thing happens to intercom when Radar detector goes off...

Question #2: I had a USB cable with ground fault cable connected to power the SR10. But, feedback is no bad that UHF radio is unusable. I disconnect USB, everything is fine. I've since removed the USB charging cable and now just charge the SR10 after riding....

Duane
First of all sorry I did not get a notice of your post last week.
I do not know the answers to your questions ..... But I will do some testing and see if I can duplicate it and fix it.

1: Update ALL firmware to 2.0!!!! The 30K's new firmware allows Audio multitasking now!!!!
2: Update firmware on the 20S so this new feature works.
3: My SR10 works much better with our plug and play audio filter, the one that works best in my testing is "SNI-1/3.5" from PAC I have these in stock but not on the website.
4: Theoretically the 20S has nothing to do with the SR10 so there should not be any issues to begin with ..... BUT ;-)
5: Put the SR10 on the device manager and change release time from 5 to 3 seconds and try chsnging the "Gain" setting
5: Would you elaberate on UHF radio .......

Lastly I have all these units and will give them a test and see what happens from my end.
We do not use FRS radios any more at all and I only use my CB radio when ever I travel long distances, "Better than a radar detector" But Kathy and I never use them anymore to talk to each other and I have no passeneger. OH ... When moto marshaling bicycle events I use a 2 meter radio sometimes.
Send me a email at [email protected] to remind my old senile head ;-)

Stand by

Richard

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here is the email continuation of this thread.
Duane called my Monday morning to clarify a few things but this is the story as of Monday 10-22-18 8:30 AM
Remember these emails start from the BOTTOM UP ;-)

Thanks for trying Richard. If I read you correctly you first established a bluetooth connection with another Sena 20/30, then set off RD or talked on handheld. After RD went silent and/or you completed your handheld conversation you had no problem with the audio you were receiving from the other 20/30.

I tried addressing this with Sena and let’s just say their Customer Service ain’t what it used to be…

Duane

On Oct 22, 2018, at 9:33 AM, Richard Battles <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Duane,

I will post this answer on the forum a little later 5:45 AM here ?
Working on first cup of coffee

I went to the shop Sunday and set up your scenario best I could. The photo below is from yesterday not some old promo photo ?
30K, 20S, SR10, iPhone 6 & iPhone X, TPX radar, 75-822 Midland CB’s. All units were reset, firmware was erased and reloaded
IT IS bench testing but did the best I could.

I have been thousands of miles using the SR10, Radar & CB and never had this issue with any SENA units and I have been using.
(SR10 connected to my Momentum INC helmet at this time, I AM A BIG USER not just a reseller) I could not duplicate your problem.

Like I said the filter I recommended is a plug and play not something you have to wire in, Plugs into the AUX and then to the radar.
The filter was decided on because the issue our customers have had is that some unknown noise/humm was causing the SR10 to NOT release the signal after 3 to 5 seconds and there is the “hummmmm” and the SR10 takes over everything until you double tab the PTT button.

One of my tests … I used MESH on the 30K, worked fine
One of my tests … just to see what happened I changed up the 30K and 20S and everything worked fine that way, (this is when I took photo, 20S is SR10 user)
ALL tests where with NO FILTER attached.

I AM 100% sure there is a missing entity somewhere in this loop.
From 8 years of offering SENA and learning the drills I have found one unit does not really work different than another unit just because.
Here is the simple customer issue I could not help the customer with until HE figured it out … LAST WEEK!
Of course he ganged up on me and said two of his friends had the SAME ISSUE.

They updated firmware on their 30K’s …. Then could not get them to “Reset”.

The units always said “Cancel” … ALL THREE OF THEM.
If I was on my game I could have figured it out ….. CAN YOU? …… Answer under photo below
?

I suggest …. Just for giggles …. Switch units and you try the 20S & SR10
At least I … have never heard of this problem that you have.
Remember I am a reseller not SENA and I do the best I can.
I will pass the on to the big guys and see if there is any feedback.

If I cn help you it makes me a better GURU ?
I will continue to think about your problem.
I hope you understand this test took a minute or two and I did the best I could.

Ride Safe

Richard Battles
RKA
7694 Bell Road
Windsor, CA 95492
707 836 7659
www.rka-luggage.com

<image001.jpg>

They where …. ALL THREE OF THEM …. NOT taping (Tap and release) the Jog button but HOLDING it in and the unit “canceled.”

Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 5:05 AM
To: Richard Battles <[email protected]>
Subject: SR10 Creating Static/Garbled reception

Richard, I posted this on the K1600forum:

Richard, here's a couple of Sena questions for you. I have the 30K, wife has 20S. I also have an SR10 that works with UHF radio and radar detector. Here's the scenario, everything on, everything connected, wife and I on intercom. I get a transmission from another biker with UHF radio. Immediately following transmission the audio from my wife is severely garbled. So bad that she has to disconnect from me and reconnect. When she does this, everything is fine. If I disconnect from her and reconnect, no joy, her transmission is still garbled. Same thing happens to intercom when Radar detector goes off...

Question #2: I had a USB cable with ground fault cable connected to power the
SR10. But, feedback is no bad that UHF radio is unusable. I disconnect USB, everything is fine. I've since removed the USB charging cable and now just charge the SR10 after riding….

You recommended a couple of settings to check and I did, my settings are what you recommend. This “garbled reception” is not unique to using UHF/GMRS radio. All issues are with the Sena reception of bluetooth comms. Doesn’t matter if I’m connected with my wife (20S) or another rider (30K). Whenever the UHF radio is used or I receive an alarm from the Radar Detector via the SR10 any future comms is garbled. I have to disconnect the comm and reconnect. Clarity is instantly restored until I get another transmission from the SR10… Very frustrating to have to disconnect/reconnect…

BTW, I bought my Sena 30K from you.

Duane

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts