BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kathy and I want you all up to date and understand what’s happening with RKA and this terrible mess we are all in.

Hi Friends of RKA,

Things are happening at lighting speed here and we will try to explain it all fast and best we can.
Here is a link to our local Press Democrat Sunday edition with a nice story about RKA and what we are currently doing
Here is link to our RKA YouTube video on the masks

RKA Luggage production has stopped.

We are not sure when we can get back on luggage manufacturing.
The shop is full speed ahead on protective face masks, see article below

The 20% off Luggage sale, will end Friday May 1st
You have to CALL 707 836 7659 to order as there are NO sales buttons on our website

We have inventory on the shelves, but it is going fast.
You can order on line but it would be best to call and confirm stock.
SALE ON UNTIL FRIDAY CALL 707 836 7659 NOW.
When the store stock is gone it will be a while before we can get back to luggage contruction.

SENA

We still are offering SENA ... they do not require sewing machines

Finally! We have the 50S in hand!!! And they are available to purchase from RKA here. RKA SENA PRODUCTS PAGE.
I am working on a 50S installation, and a tutorial video and should be up on the RKA YouTube page soon.
Kathy and I will try to do a demo/test ride asap and show you all the features
BUT If you ride alone, two up, or with 4 people close together the 50S is not for you ... RKA recommends you stick with the 20S EVO.

"WEAR THE RIGHT STUFF"
RKA PROTECTIVE FACE MASKS

Just a few weeks ago Kathy and I were "Sheltering at home" closed the shop, laid off our employees, Marina has been with us for 15 years!!!
After two weeks of trying to run the shop remotely and just going in for shipping and receiving we decided we better stop pouting and feeling sorry for ourselves and grab the bull by the horns!

After we received the Town of Windsor's blessing we repurposed the shop, moving product to the high ground, moving displays, machines, tables, resetting machine settings.
Kathy designed the pattern from the KP specs.

RKA is using the Kaiser Permanente template. 7 ½ oz, 65% Polyester, 35% Cotton twill. Slot for an additional filter. The elastic version will have NO latex in it. This design is as close as you can get to a government approved mask. And is professionally manufactured in our shop
That was the easy part. Now we had to find the proper materials. It was almost all gone!
Special Textiles, Special Thread, Special Binding, Special Elastic.
We are also adding business logos on them as an option.

"One 2015 study found that cloth masks only blocked 3% of particles,
compared with medical masks (which stopped 56% of particles)
and N95s (protective against 99.9% of particles, the study found)."

WE ARE NOT CERTIFIED BUT ...The way we are constructing them should fall into the 56% area making them better than most.
We applaud all the people making these at home, what a great effort and thing to do. But we feel our design and construction come real close to "the right stuff."

If you or a friend or even an agency, business, fire, police, EMT's hospitals, restaurants, delivery services need the NON N95 compliant face masks tell them to contact us.

NEW ELECTRIC BIKES (BICYCLES)

On a more happy note we will close this out with this.
Just before this craziness started Kathy and I purchased a couple of really really cool electric bicycles

The company is "Story Bikes" and they are giving away regular peddle bicycles to the needy for everyone they sell, Pretty darn cool!!

Kathy and Richard want to wish everyone a healthy and safe 2020 and we hope things get back to some kind of normal soon.

R&K

·
Registered
455 Posts
Kathy and I want you all up to date and understand what’s happening with RKA and this terrible mess we are all in.

Hi Friends of RKA,

Things are happening at lighting speed here and we will try to explain it all fast and best we can.
Here is a link to our local Press Democrat Sunday edition with a nice story about RKA and what we are currently doing
Here is link to our RKA YouTube video on the masks

RKA Luggage production has stopped.

We are not sure when we can get back on luggage manufacturing.
The shop is full speed ahead on protective face masks, see article below

View attachment 141578

The 20% off Luggage sale, will end Friday May 1st
You have to CALL 707 836 7659 to order as there are NO sales buttons on our website
Richard - I have your 13L tank bag. As of last Sat (2 May - just in time to miss the sale, of course) my wife decided she wanted to ride with me on a Getaway. Means I need a place to put my water supply. Will a Camelbak fit inside your 24.5L Shiloh Rd?

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A BIG Camelback will fit in a 24.5 liter tankbag .... A 24.5 liter tankbag will NOT fit on a GTL.
Richard

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Richard - I have your 13L tank bag. As of last Sat (2 May - just in time to miss the sale, of course) my wife decided she wanted to ride with me on a Getaway. Means I need a place to put my water supply. Will a Camelbak fit inside your 24.5L Shiloh Rd?
I did this to my RKA Shiloh tank bag. I used a window shade for cars for insulation. It worked greathere in the AZ heat. IMG_2299.jpg IMG_2297.jpg IMG_2298.jpg

·
Registered
484 Posts
Richard, anymore on this blurb in your product listing:
"BUT If you ride alone, two up, or with 4 people close together the 50S is not for you ... RKA recommends you stick with the 20S EVO."

Please explain as I just got in a 50R and looking to keep it but if you have a solid eval it is much appreciated. I was hesitant but pretty much convinced when 2-3 others I ride with were adamant on getting the 50 series. I imagine I'll eventually get used to having a star trek laser looking device stuck to the C4! (Though it caused no wind noise from what i can tell and it is lower profile than the 50S).
Only used once on a 150 miler and the speakers/volume much better than my 10 series or SC1. The "ok google" function worked great and easily understood me at 45mph to make a couple test calls. I will not use the mesh regularly but might be good to have and mainly must be able to hear voice and music (rare i answer a call) and also need commo with a pax having one of the basic Sena units.

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Richard, anymore on this blurb in your product listing:
"BUT If you ride alone, two up, or with 4 people close together the 50S is not for you ... RKA recommends you stick with the 20S EVO."

Please explain as I just got in a 50R and looking to keep it but if you have a solid eval it is much appreciated. I was hesitant but pretty much convinced when 2-3 others I ride with were adamant on getting the 50 series. I imagine I'll eventually get used to having a star trek laser looking device stuck to the C4! (Though it caused no wind noise from what i can tell and it is lower profile than the 50S).
Only used once on a 150 miler and the speakers/volume much better than my 10 series or SC1. The "ok google" function worked great and easily understood me at 45mph to make a couple test calls. I will not use the mesh regularly but might be good to have and mainly must be able to hear voice and music (rare i answer a call) and also need commo with a pax having one of the basic Sena units.
You answered your own questions here 😁
I would like to remind everyone that RKA is a reseller of SENA for over ten years now and your business would be appericated ... We will match any price.

I will break down my short comment here

"BUT If you ride alone, ................. No need for a 50 with mesh
two up ......................................... No need for a 50 with mesh
or with 4 people close together ... No need for a 50 with mesh
the 50S is not for you ... RKA recommends you stick with the 20S EVO. " ..... .... hands free calls, better audio, easy updates then get the 50

I was just being a bad salesman and tring to tell you all what you have may work fine for you.
NEWER may not be BETTER
Kathy and I also love the new 50 series and I have always said mesh is the future!!!

Like MountainGT said he loves the new features as we do.
The Hands free commands are GREAT
The new ability to use "Hey SIRI" hands free is GREAT
The firmware updates with out a device manager is GREAT
I will not go into more features but the 50S is feature filled and if up grading is not breaking the bank for you DO IT

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
We can ship 50's anytime and the best deal including support .... so give us a call.

Richard & Kathy

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On another subject, LUGGAGE and FACE MASKS.

LUGGAGE ....
We are running out of tankbags but we do have almost everything else on the shelves in stock ready to ship. (We WERE ready for the season)
The plan is to make a small run of tankbags (13 liter Shiloh Road) as soon as we can get caught up on our mask production, if that ever happens 😝😝
If you want to you can call Kathy and place an order that will put you in line. BUT no time frame right now.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THE WEBSITE, CALL.

MASKS ....

One word CRAZY, NUTS!! 🥜🥜🥜🥜
We are back ordered about 30 days right now, but the need for masks is going to be going on for some time we think
If you or friends need masks give us a call 707 836 7659
The MASK PAGE ...... This page does not have "Buy_Me" buttons so call 707 836 7659 to order
Will be update the mask page in a few days as we are waiting on special elastic and some novelty logos we are adding in.
"Special" is a key word here. RKA is making "SPEC" KP Nonsurgical face masks for the public

If you personally need mask or work for a company that would like high quality masks for their employees have them give us a call.
We are now working on orders from 20 to 1000 masks for companies and even cities like our "Town of Sebastopol" west of us.
Under this special program the town will be giving them to their police, fire dept, to give a way and handing them out to people that need them
Below are som samples of what we are working on for businesses and some funny logos to get that smile
EVERY ONE NEEDS A MASK NOW!
STAY SAFE

Richard & Kathy :cool::cool:😻😻

Here are some fun logos you can get also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts