BMW K1600 Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1100 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are any Canadians having to pay import duty on my Super Plugs?
Shouldnt have to pay duty as it is made in the USA, the buyer pays provincial sales tax in province being shipped to upon pick up, thats if customs catches it.

I know when I us the UPS just across border I declare always. Sometimes they just say good enough and wave me through. Like rolling the dice.

DONNY

·
Super Moderator
16,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,083
Sending the new Super Plug out today to everyone who have been waiting. If you have been waiting and haven't received the tracking email, please let me know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sending the new Super Plug out today to everyone who have been waiting. If you have been waiting and haven't received the tracking email, please let me know.
The Tapatalk Network Digest made reference to a recent POST where the price listed is $17 each. I would like to order one, but want to make sure I pay whatever you are charging...is it still $35 each, or has the price indeed come down to $17 each?

JFodge

·
Super Moderator
16,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,085 (Edited)
The Super Plug is $35 with US delivery included.

That $17 must have come from my original experimental plugs. Maybe back in 2011. Found it, the $17 was for welding. That was way back when my postage cost was $2.30 less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to the K1600. First oil change. Yes, the sump drain plug was a PIA. Successful removal/installation. Second one, I had a piece of thin wall pipe, roughly 15mm in diameter. Inserted it through the drain on the oil pan until it contacted the sump bung and wiggled it until I was sure it was around the bunghole. 1/4 drive hex bit with extension inserted through the pipe and walla, zero chance of the sump plug falling anywhere but into the oil drain pan. The pipe was super thin wall. Just happened to see it in an old tool box.

·
Super Moderator
16,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,088
The newest generation of Super Plug is the best option because it is so small, while retaining the unbreakable and secure design characteristics.

I still have a box full of previous plugs, which means this was an expensive change for me.

The key benefits are:

1) The crankcase oil changes are secure because the socket extension locks into the plug, making insertion and removal reliable and drama free.
2) Torque isn't so important because there is no risk of stripping the plug if you have some ham fisted BMW service tech change your oil. You will always be able to reliably remove the crankcase oil Super Plug.
3) Previous Super Plugs weigh 28 grams, the latest generation weighs 12 grams.

Unless you request a previous generation, all Super Plugs delivered now will be the latest generation.

·
Super Moderator
16,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,089

The dark threads come from spraying a little Amsoil protectant on everything. The new Super Plug required a whole new production method.

No matter how welded, you will never break one of these plugs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@RL Lemke, would it be possible to edit the original post to add your Paypal address? Didn’t see it listed there and the thread is already 55 pages long.

If I missed the addy, my apologies. My new-to-me ‘12 GTL is not due for an oil change for a while, but would like to be prepared when the time comes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi RL, I am picking up my new to me 2018 K1600 GA on Friday and just saw your posts. Please let me know if you are still offering these and the total cost for sending this to Canada. I would prefer by USPS as UPS has been a problem for me in the past on several occasions. My postal code here is L1X2T4. If so, let me know the full price including postage and I will send you the funds by paypal. Thanks in advance.

1081 - 1100 of 1100 Posts