BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1301 - 1320 of 1320 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 K1600GT Sport Edition
332 Posts
I just installed mine on my 2019. It was time for first oil change. I will say......taking that origonal plug out is a bit of a butt puckerer. I was nervous I was going to snap that 5mm extended allen socket or strip the origonal ug before it released. The allen key probablly twisted atleast 45 degrees of rotation before the plug finally released. It was installed mega tight from the factory. I feel much more confident now that the RL plug is installed. Using that 3/8" short extension seems about 100 times more robust. So much can go wrong with removing that origonal plug with that small allen key. This mod is a no brainer.

·
Registered
2016 BMW K1600 GT
6 Posts
Hi RL. I would like to order one of these as well. PP sent for plug and extension. sajohn at smumn dot edu

·
Registered
4 Posts
Received the plug & extension today. Looking forward my first oil change with the GTL.
Thanks RL.
Received mine as well. He should add a store to his website, they usually don't charge for a storefront. As well they can be directed right to his Paypal. These are a slick ideal, honestly if he could make them just a little shorter I would suggest making the main oil pan plug like these. Nice work RL!

·
Administrator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,311 ·
The sales are such a low volume item. One with little upside, so a website is unwarranted. I have to measure and test each plug, as there are a lot of rejects.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The sales are such a low volume item. One with little upside, so a website is unwarranted. I have to measure and test each plug, as there are a lot of rejects.
I think the sales are low volume cause they aren't well known. I found these by pure accident and I'm so glad I did. It's unfortunate the rejects you get, it's to bad you didn't have access to a steel lathe and create these from scratch using just tooling and no welds.
When I originally was seeking how to buy this plug I had reached out to Illinoisbmwriders on YouTube to see if he sold them. Needless to say he was intrigued an asked me a bunch of questions about these plugs. He wants to do a YouTube video on it. You may want to reach out to him an he can add it to his videos to increase orders for you. He's a great guy, as BMW riders usually are. Thank you for a great ideal, I know I appreciate the effort and genius ideal.

·
Administrator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,313 ·
I will be deciding about a move to Nigeria soon. If so the whole endeavor will be set aside. Only sharing details with the mods on our private forum.

1301 - 1320 of 1320 Posts