BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1341 - 1360 of 1481 Posts

·
Administrator
17,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,344 ·
I've sent a lot of plugs to the UK and all over Europe. Generally the plug alone is an extra $9.21 for postage.

$35 + $9.21 = $44 - That is this weeks postage price. Seems to change a lot.

·
Administrator
17,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,346 ·
Prices are going nuts. Ordered more extensions and sticker shock. I have a good supply of plugs so $35 will remain the price. The extensions will go up to $7.50. By the time I pay PayPal fees, tax on the purchase and all, it shows how inflation is affecting all of us. Dang.

·
Registered
61 Posts
$35 each. (Current Price) Delivered in the US. Actual cost for postage increase for everywhere else. The pay pal address is RL at Lemke dot com

$41 for Canada, and about $44 or a little more for the rest of the world, but I must check postage cost with each order.

Add in a 3" 1/4" drive socket extension for $7.50 more.
Are you still selling these? Also, I have a question - I had my oil changed at the shop and I'm wondering that IF they didn't remove this 5mm plug (my bet is that yes they did) how much oil is left in the crankcase?

Thank you,
Dave

·
Administrator
17,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,352 ·
Are you still selling these? Also, I have a question - I had my oil changed at the shop and I'm wondering that IF they didn't remove this 5mm plug (my bet is that yes they did) how much oil is left in the crankcase?

Thank you,
Dave
Yes, the current delivered price $35 and if you want the extension they are an additional $7.50.

PayPal - RL at Lemke dot com

Yes, the service tech would have removed the OE 5mm plug to drain the last of the oil.

How much? Maybe .5 liters.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, the service tech would have removed the OE 5mm plug to drain the last of the oil.

How much? Maybe .5 liters.
I'm a little concerned maybe he didn't. Which is why I paid you yesterday for this SuperPlug, so I can do oil changes myself. So here is where I ask a very stupid question: Can the bike go a while with .5 liters of the old oil in there? I feel like an idiot for asking this but this oil change cost me $200.

·
Administrator
17,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,356 ·
I'm a little concerned maybe he didn't. Which is why I paid you yesterday for this SuperPlug, so I can do oil changes myself. So here is where I ask a very stupid question: Can the bike go a while with .5 liters of the old oil in there? I feel like an idiot for asking this but this oil change cost me $200.
Yes, as most of the oil is replaced.

You are right in that you must have a lot of trust in what any service department does.

$200 is a lot of cash, when if one has a place to do so, changing the oil is relatively easy. We have a convenient place to recycle old filters and oil here, so it works out well for me to do my own.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, as most of the oil is replaced.

You are right in that you must have a lot of trust in what any service department does.

$200 is a lot of cash, when if one has a place to do so, changing the oil is relatively easy. We have a convenient place to recycle old filters and oil here, so it works out well for me to do my own.
Actually, I do have a lot of trust for this place, but the owner works from home now and I'm not sure if he passed the word about the 2nd plug! And I forgot to mention it. I always change my own oil on my bikes but then got flustered with this internal plug when I bought the K1600. I lose sh-t all the time lol including recessed 5mm screws! Thank you for your time, looking forward to your parts helping me out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
$35 each. (Current Price) Delivered in the US. Actual cost for postage increase for everywhere else. The pay pal address is RL at Lemke dot com

$41 for Canada, and about $44 or a little more for the rest of the world, but I must check postage cost with each order.

how do I go about ordering one of your Oil sump drain plug tools ?

1341 - 1360 of 1481 Posts