BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

Lets do a little roll call!! I'm interested to see where everyone is from and what they're rides are!! Also, post up some of your favorite local rides/places to hit on the bike. Post below where you're from and what you ride aside from your K bike if you have another!!

Brad

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mark, 2013 GTL purchased in May with just 10K on it. Ride in southern OH (Cincinnati/KY/IN) and headed to Lebanon this weekend. Sorta-kinda-maybe have a trip planned for upstate Newt Yark and Vermont.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Steve, 2016 GTLE and ride in Upstate NY the Adirondacks and Vermont.

Reactions: BRAD_CCBMW

·
Registered
984 Posts
PLAGUE I ride in Michigan and take short and long trips throughout the United States (haven't been to east coast yet)

2018 B16

Difficult to want to ride anything else or get off of that bike.

Other bikes in the dust and cobwebs staring with wide jealous eyes:

2015 Harley Road King
2019 Royal Enfield Himalayan
1963 Harley Panhead

·
Vendor
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark, 2013 GTL purchased in May with just 10K on it. Ride in southern OH (Cincinnati/KY/IN) and headed to Lebanon this weekend. Sorta-kinda-maybe have a trip planned for upstate Newt Yark and Vermont.
I used to have a house up in Vermont and loved the riding up there. Such a beautiful state!!!

Brad

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Fair Haven, Arlington, Burlington to name a few and of course Route 4 and 100 on the way to Woodstock!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Kev - 2019 K1600 GT Sport - from Cheshire in the UK.

Ride a lot in North Wales, Scotland, and the Alps of Switzerland, Austria, France and Italy

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
John in San Jose, CA. Originally from the state of Southern California. At a chance encounter, Lieutenant Colonel Allen West told me I live behind enemy lines.:grin:

Most of my riding is in this state, which ain't too bad if you ask me. Weekends I'll ride mostly in the Santa Cruz mountains. And it's getting to be time to get out on Pacific Coast Highway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Robert in Los Gatos, CA. Technically in the Santa Cruz mountains. Get out to CO once per year or up to WA. Most riding around here. IMG_0516.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Neil from Mass USA
Anywhere in Central Mass weekdays and New England on weekends.
New to forum a few months ago, new to MC's 3 years ago.
Learned on Suzi C50 (800cc) - still have
Moved up to Triumph Thunderbird LT (1700cc) - still have
Moved to the top with lightly used 2016 K1600GTL - always have
Wife learned with me and now has R1200RT

We go out almost daily, always striving to master the craft. Pure fun.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Ron from Wildwood, MO, USA. I mostly ride in the Missouri and Arkansas Ozarks, although I try to get out west to CO at least once a year. In fact heading out that way in about a week and a half. Heading to the Rally in TN tomorrow. Hoping to meet some of you guys at the Rally this Thursday/Friday. Enjoy the ride!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Scott in Oklahoma City, just purchased a 2018 K1600B (Replaced a 2014 C14), also have a 2018 Kawi Z900RS and just sold a 16 Ducati XDiavel S. Have owned many great bikes and my favorite ride is the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Jon from Delaware.
Ride throughout the Mid-Atlantic, take a Florida trip in the spring every year and at least one week travelling through New England where I grew up.
Weekend trips all summer, headed to the Pa Grand Canyon this weekend.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Christian from Two Rivers, WI
2019 K 1600 Grand America

Don't ride anywhere don't know anybody in this small town so i ride in a square pattern around my house .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Dave from South East Idaho, we ride mostly western Wyoming, western Montana which include Beartooth Pass and north central Utah,
Favorite ride, is over Teton Pass to Merry Piglets in Jackson for lunch and back through Alpine, Wy and home usually on a week day when the traffic isn't too bad.
2016 GTLE purchased last May, traded in a 2015 R1200RT. Thanks to all the folks on this forum, it's a great source of information, the downside is, it's cost me a lot of money.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts