BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few years, I have organized an RTE in January in Texas. As always, all riders are welcome so I thought I would post it here to see who might be interested.

Murphy's Steakhouse in Winchester, TX on Saturday 4h January, 2020

It is a small place in a small town so we arrive at 11:00am when they open.

Murphys Steakhouse,
204 Thomas St.,
Winchester, TX 78945
979-242-3433

Andy >:)

Reactions: Damocles

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am always, ALWAYS!, ready for some Murphy's! It's on my Calendar.

Andy, are you posting to TwTex?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am always, ALWAYS!, ready for some Murphy's! It's on my Calendar.

Andy, are you posting to TwTex?
Thanks for the reminder. I'll post to TwTex later today. >:)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Andy, how do you feel about a challenge? I just posted something on the Goldwing site. Roger, one of the riders over there went to Murphy's yesterday, but I missed out. I suggested that may be there could be more Wings than BMW's at the January 4th meeting. It could happen!!! Here's the post on the Goldwing site: Murphy's RTE

·
Registered
310 Posts
i think I'll put this one on my calendar. will get to try out the seat warmers! :grin:

·
Registered
535 Posts
This post has gone relatively silent. I know there will be some from both the Goldwing board and the TwTex board. Hopefully, some of the BMW K1600 crowd can make it Saturday. Looks like the weather will be pretty nice.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This post has gone relatively silent. I know there will be some from both the Goldwing board and the TwTex board. Hopefully, some of the BMW K1600 crowd can make it Saturday. Looks like the weather will be pretty nice.
Thanks Joe!

Two of the friends joining me will be riding 'Wings so right now they may be in the lead...

>:)

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a nudge to remind y'all of the first RTE for the new DECADE this Saturday. How could you miss out on such a one-time opportunity!

Weather looks like it will be cool but sunny so a good day for a ride!

Hope to see you there...

·
Premium Member
6,108 Posts
Isn't this the last year of the current decade?
There is no year 0
1-10
11-20
21-30 etc.
But then decade means 10 years so it could be any grouping of 10 years.
Just nit picking :laugh:

·
Registered
535 Posts
There is no year 0
1-10
11-20
21-30 etc.
I TRIED to explain this to my kids, but I just got that deer in the headlights look from them. :eek:ld: There was no year ZERO. So a decade, being 10 years long that started in year 1, had to end with a 1. Whatcha gonna do? :dunno: I guess I gave them a reason to party again next year?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks Joe!

Two of the friends joining me will be riding 'Wings so right now they may be in the lead...

>:)
Andy, I probably will be riding the Wing too. So I have gone to the other side too. :)

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is no year 0
1-10
11-20
21-30 etc.

Americans have a problem with Zero.

If you take 2 - 2 you have 0. How can you do that if you say there is no zero?

Of course there is a year Zero. When you were born, you were Zero years. For the next 12 months you were in your first year but you did not turn 1 until your first Birthday.

Just pickin your nits :laugh:

Reactions: jfink

·
Premium Member
6,108 Posts
Americans have a problem with Zero.

If you take 2 - 2 you have 0. How can you do that if you say there is no zero?

Of course there is a year Zero. When you were born, you were Zero years. For the next 12 months you were in your first year but you did not turn 1 until your first Birthday.

Just pickin your nits :laugh:
It's you Brits calling it Zed that is cute.
The first year of your life is in year 1 and that first birthday celebrates a year of life, the next 12 months you are living in your second year of life etc. :wink:

I've got to get out on the bike and clear my mind. :stew:

·
Registered
535 Posts
However, there was no year 0, just that infinitesimal slice of time that bridge 1 BCE to 1 AD. Some of us remember that well! Just sayin...

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
However, there was no year 0, just that infinitesimal slice of time that bridge 1 BCE to 1 AD. Some of us remember that well! Just sayin...

That was only because the Romans had not invented the concept of the number Zero. Not sure when the Americans forgot it, probably about the time they started spelling badly :laugh:

·
Registered
535 Posts
That was only because the Romans had not invented the concept of the number Zero. Not sure when the Americans forgot it, probably about the time they started spelling badly :laugh:
The Romans got zero from the Egyptians, who got zero from the Indians! So, zero was originally an American thing (see what I did there?). :)

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Forget about Zero.... :laugh:

So we know Marc Marquez and the Honda team won another MotoGP championship in 2019...

...but 2020 is up for grabs!

Which manufacturer/model will win the the first RTE of the 2020 decade the Murphy's challenge !

·
Registered
535 Posts
Great turn out. My thanks to Andy for organizing this!!! Next year we may want to give them a call beforehand, but the folks at Murphy's did well. There were more than fifty bikes there and I am sorry to report, I think that the Goldwings outnumbered the K1600's. (psst, not exactly what I said over on the Goldwing board!:rolleyes:)

Excuse the unphotogenic thumb! At least it didn't cover up anything important.

I don't know for sure if these were part of our group or not.

I know a group of 4 from Clear Lake showed after I took these photos, so I know I didn't get all of them.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We had a great first RTE of the Decade at Murphy's! It was cold to start but beautifully clear and sunny. I posted the event on the ST-Owners and Two Wheel Texan forums which resulted in a huge turnout. When we arrived at 10:30 there were about 4 bikes in the parking lot. When Murphy's opened at 11:00, I stopped counting at 50 motorcycles. I think I was the only one on a K1600, but there were a few RTs and a bunch of GSs. A couple of HDs arrived late and looked very put out that they had to park down the street!

Met a few new faces, but it was great to see Joe, Jeff and Lynne, and Fergie, and the steaks at Murphy's did not disappoint! Thanks to everyone for showing up. I am sorry if I missed you in the crowd!

More info and pictures at https://www.texasmorleys.info , our new blog to replace being on FB.

Andy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts