BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 K1600B
479 Posts
I had the standard version on my old 17 RT, and yes I do not have to slide forward now, as I did on the RT.
I do not feel the comfort level is compromised.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I’m 5’7” with 29” inseam and had the standard RDL on my B. With the suspension set to one rider I could almost flatfoot it, and 2 up I was just on the ball of my feet. The seat will hold you in place but not lock you in…you can move around…it’s not a sticky saddle. I got the sport seat for my GSA and I notice no difference in comfort.

·
Registered
2022 Bmw K1600gt
5 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
Hello friends,
I just traded my 2016 GT for a 2022 K1600gt with the option 719, am very interested in the RDL but am concerned a bit about being able to lean the bike and take it for twistie’s. I’m 6/2 220lb any and all suggestions and feed back would be great and yes pictures definitely help. Cheers
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Sky

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hello friends,
I just traded my 2016 GT for a 2022 K1600gt with the option 719, am very interested in the RDL but am concerned a bit about being able to lean the bike and take it for twistie’s. I’m 6/2 220lb any and all suggestions and feed back would be great and yes pictures definitely help. Cheers
View attachment 169891
View attachment 169892
View attachment 169890
Beautiful bike my friend!! LOVE that different color seat. You'll be able to take Twisties with anything under your bum on that beauty. I wouldn't worry. Just go for comfort. RDL doesn't offer brown in leather though, you'll have to be a bit creative.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Beautiful bike my friend!! LOVE that different color seat. You'll be able to take Twisties with anything under your bum on that beauty. I wouldn't worry. Just go for comfort. RDL doesn't offer brown in leather though, you'll have to be a bit creative.
Are you sure? I had my RDL done with tan leather on the seating surfaces, which is a fairly close match to the 719 light brown which I used for the backrest.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Are you sure? I had my RDL done with tan leather on the seating surfaces, which is a fairly close match to the 719 light brown which I used for the backrest.
Unfortunately I am sure, because I would've ordered it myself. They no longer offer brown leather. They may have a brown vinyl or another fabric but no longer leather.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I installed Wilbers shocks with the 50mm (2") lowering kit on my 2012 GTL and will be having them rebuilt and moved over to my new to me 2016 GTL. For anyone wanting to lower the bike/seat height and improve handling I highly recommend Wilbers. You will not regret.
P.S....you don't have to go with the lowering kit to get the awsome handling improvement 😁

Reactions: JP1

·
Registered
2022 Bmw K1600gt
5 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
So I did get samples from Russell today and would like your feedback guys the lighter one is leather and looks very nice, I do ride in all kind of weather I’m worried about the leather getting spoiled in rain, can anyone who has leather share their experience or give any suggestions???
Brown Textile Beige Wood Khaki

Textile Rectangle Gesture Sleeve Wood

Brown Textile Wood Beige Rectangle

·
Registered
195 Posts
So I did get samples from Russell today and would like your feedback guys the lighter one is leather and looks very nice, I do ride in all kind of weather I’m worried about the leather getting spoiled in rain, can anyone who has leather share their experience or give any suggestions??? View attachment 169951
View attachment 169953
View attachment 169952
The light sample appears like it could be the same tan leather Russell used for the seating surfaces on my RDL pictured a few posts above. A touch lighter than the 719 light brown, but seemed acceptable to me. I treat my leather twice a year as I do my boots and gloves.

·
Registered
2022 Bmw K1600gt
5 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
The light sample appears like it could be the same tan leather Russell used for the seating surfaces on my RDL pictured a few posts above. A touch lighter than the 719 light brown, but seemed acceptable to me. I treat my leather twice a year as I do my boots and gloves.
Do you let your seats get wet ??

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do you let your seats get wet ??
I ordered a rain cover which ill use if im parked in rain without a bike cover, but have ridden through a couple dousing without the cover. With regular treating, the leather is just as fine getting wet as our leather riding boots. Be it leather, vinyl or sunbrella, the stitching will let some moisture through to the underlying foam. The custom stitch pattern I had done on mine to mimic the 719 seat leaves more perforations than normal.

·
Registered
2022 Bmw K1600gt
5 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
I ordered a rain cover which ill use if im parked in rain without a bike cover, but have ridden through a couple dousing without the cover. With regular treating, the leather is just as fine getting wet as our leather riding boots. Be it leather, vinyl or sunbrella, the stitching will let some moisture through to the underlying foam. The custom stitch pattern I had done on mine to mimic the 719 seat leaves more perforations than normal.
Thanks for the update my friend, share some pictures if u can please

21 - 36 of 36 Posts