BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 1 year old Sargent World Sport Performance Seat for sale, and I'm really interested in upgrading the seat on my new GTL.

How much would you say this seat is worth? I don't want to overpay, but I don't want to miss out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just installed mine and only about 30 miles on it, but with the optional rider backrest ($365) which is very slick . . . you're looking at $1000 new. The seat alone is $865 new. Go from there. I'd guess $500 would get it.

This an auction? eBay? Use a "sniper" to make a bid with 5 seconds left.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed mine and only about 30 miles on it, but with the optional rider backrest ($365) which is very slick . . . you're looking at $1000 new. The seat alone is $865 new. Go from there. I'd guess $500 would get it.

Yeah, it's on Ebay. I WAS the winning bidder in the 200s with a buy it now option of 400. I had been debating hitting the buy it now button... But now another bidder jumped in and the price is now above 400, so no more option.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts

Is this the not so new common core math? lol
Best.

·
Registered
238 Posts
One thing to consider - the Sargent ships with Carbon FX material cover. And that is really slippery. You have to buy DTX covers from Sargent, and those will cost another 100 USD each - I believe (I paid UK prices, so don't know about US ones).
Maybe if you buy new, you can specify to have DTX fitted, and then there would be no extra costs. I bought the backrest new, specified for DTX, and had no extra cost.
The DTX covers are both nicer and more comfortable than the Carbon FX. I have no idea with they ship the seat with those covers, as standard - I would have sold my Sargent seat, if I couldn't fix the slipping problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts