BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
6561 - 6580 of 6621 Posts

·
Registered
2018 K1600B, 2015 Triumph Trophy SE, 1995 Triumph Daytona Super 3 etc
69 Posts
Good decision mate. I reckon there is 2 things we should never stretch out life on, Tyres and Brakes.
Let us know if you feel the same as I do with the 6 GTs. Am I just imagining it.
Angels quieter for tour riding
6 GTs bit noisier ( not obnoxious like Metzlers ) but seem to want you to dive into corners ( I like them ) feel sure footed with them.

If I was doing straight highway riding, I would stick with Angeles
Roger that mate - brake pads swapped out for new at service last week - so good to go now.
Cheers

·
Upside Down
3,679 Posts
Will do Geoff - scrubbed them in today - initial impressions are good - tips in easy, feel precise - maybe a bit harsher on bumps.
I found the same with handling as for ride I always run 40 psi on the front and 44 psi on my rear tyres I know it is higher than most do but with having both of the bike settings as dynamic mode I don't find that to rough but then it comes back to what you are comfortable with. Most of the guys at work say I should run at 38 psi on the front and 41 psi on my rear tyre, I understand that would be more comfortable to ride.

·
Upside Down
3,679 Posts
Used to take my kids to an animal sanctuary up there when they were all knew high. Good day out for young kids.
It is a great sanctuary Tim, I used to take our tour passengers there and they all loved it too. I was always a bit worried because I had to get 2 tickets for myself. 1 to get in the other to get out lol.:whistle::rolleyes: By the way my condolences to you and all of the UK for your loss this week of HRM. I am not a royalist but loved the Queen and how she showed the rest of the world that we can all be good people without judging anyone along with trying to always promote peace and good will to all.

·
No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,098 Posts
Used to take my kids to an animal sanctuary up there when they were all knew high. Good day out for young kids.
I live in Yellingbo, not far away from the Healesville Sanctuary. Nice living 1hr from Melbourne. The Sanctuary has been renovated, yes it’s a great day for the kids. But the bloody Emus steal your food.
Tim did you ride the roads up my way ?

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
6500 Mi
Unfortunately no, I was knee deep in kids. Once retired, I have plans to come down and live in a flat I have in Gardenvale, buy a bike and get some serious touring around Australia.

I'm over there next year for my sons wedding in QLD. If it makes sense, I will rent something and do some ride outs.

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,282 Posts
Unfortunately no, I was knee deep in kids. Once retired, I have plans to come down and live in a flat I have in Gardenvale, buy a bike and get some serious touring around Australia.

I'm over there next year for my sons wedding in QLD. If it makes sense, I will rent something and do some ride outs.
Yell out when you are about

·
Upside Down
3,679 Posts
I live in Yellingbo, not far away from the Healesville Sanctuary. Nice living 1hr from Melbourne. The Sanctuary has been renovated, yes it’s a great day for the kids. But the bloody Emus steal your food.
I could tell you so many stories about Emus and Kangaroos stealing food etc. in a lot of areas of Australia lol Including a horse at a petrol station on the Burke Development Road from Cloncurry to Normanton that was called 4x because he loved drinking 4x twisties if you took the top off and put the bottle in his mouth he drank it and dropped the bottle waiting for more. I am sure he was drunk as by the time we left with a coach load of tourists giving him so much beer lol. That place was one you made sure that you had your food inside away from the emus or they would steal the food out of your hands or off the table and get into the women's bags lol.:geek::ROFLMAO:

·
No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,098 Posts
I’ve just retired from AFL Coaching and haven’t wasted anytime booking rides
October ride Melbourne to Queensland then back down via all the good roads down
November Victorian/NSW high country ride for 5 days
February Tasmania ride with Forum Members and Mates

Now gotta work out December and January lol but maybe pushing it a bit with the Cook

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,576 ·
I found the same with handling as for ride I always run 40 psi on the front and 44 psi on my rear tyres I know it is higher than most do but with having both of the bike settings as dynamic mode I don't find that to rough but then it comes back to what you are comfortable with. Most of the guys at work say I should run at 30 psi on the front and 41 psi on my rear tyre, I understand that would be more comfortable to ride.
Geoff, it seems odd that your work colleagues would suggest 30psi in the front, on a track day for sure when your tyre heats up quickly and stays hot, but in my opinion on the road it just makes steering heavier and scollops and squares off your tyres too quick. Maybe I'm missing something 🤔

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Oddly, today is September 11 and there hasn't been a thing about it in the press.
RIP to all those souls involved.
I think we will all have an everlasting impression of that event. I still shake my head in disbelief.
Too busy reporting on some inbred family to the east, I suspect.

·
Palm tree driver
K1600GT MY2021
1,654 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
29,000km
Oddly, today is September 11 and there hasn't been a thing about it in the press.
RIP to all those souls involved.
I think we will all have an everlasting impression of that event. I still shake my head in disbelief.
Very much so, and the lack of comment is indicative of the focus elsewhere. Don’t forget that the 11th here is still only the 10th in the USA, the attack occurred in the early hours of our 12th September.

Too busy reporting on some inbred family to the east, I suspect.
This is an Australian sub-forum: if you wish to disparage the deceased Queen and new King of Australia I suggest that you do so somewhere other than here.

·
Upside Down
3,679 Posts
Geoff, it seems odd that your work colleagues would suggest 30psi in the front, on a track day for sure when your tyre heats up quickly and stays hot, but in my opinion on the road it just makes steering heavier and scollops and squares off your tyres too quick. Maybe I'm missing something 🤔
Sorry for my mistake it was meant to say 38 psi lol We oldies need to wear our glasses lol. I will correct the above tho.

6561 - 6580 of 6621 Posts