BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
6581 - 6600 of 6621 Posts

·
Upside Down
3,679 Posts
That makes waaaaay more sense 👍
Thanks, Baz, for pointing that out to me, I need to be careful to check what I type before posting that. I am at home relaxing after a brutal 5 hours of work yesterday and today. Best of all have had all my maintenance done on the bike that's bought it up to where I wanted it to be.
That included
Having the tail shaft removed checked and greased with the new drive line oil done. When I change the front and rear tyres to Michelin GT6`s
Over the last 2 days changed the following oil, oil filter, Clutch and Brake fluid Dot 4. Air filter and checked for any software updates. at 28,830 klms.
This bike has had more services than most do in their entire life but I know being a 6-year-old bike it will do many more klms. without an ounce of trouble.
The previous owner also had the front and rear brakes checked with new brake pads put in when he had the full service done back in April this year the same day he ordered his new R1250RS.
Now I am looking forward to the end of the first week of November to fully enjoy riding this bike over long day rides and more.

·
Upside Down
3,679 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,589 ·
The Triumph is amazing, it handles unbelievably well, the engine is awesome, it stops well and even idles smoothly.
The rear pegs are a bit high and the rear seat a bit small for long mile passenger comfort. Rider comfort is superb. I've never riden a bike with forward mounted pegs but it took no time to get used to it. I think the screen is too small but other than that I loved the monster.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The Triumph is amazing, it handles unbelievably well, the engine is awesome, it stops well and even idles smoothly.
The rear pegs are a bit high and the rear seat a bit small for long mile passenger comfort. Rider comfort is superb. I've never riden a bike with forward mounted pegs but it took no time to get used to it. I think the screen is too small but other than that I loved the monster.
That would be my pick from those 3 too

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,591 ·
I'm looking at swapping my GS for something a bit smaller, as I age the GS seems to increase in size which is fine on the road but more of a challenge in the bush.
I only rode the Triumph cause I know the dealer and he offered the ride, glad I did, I'm not a cruiser rider but the bike really really surprised me.
I would say to everyone, go and ride one, you'll be amazed
Tire Wheel Cartoon Human body Vehicle

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,599 ·
I note with interest that the UK parliament shut down for a week due to the passing of QE2, our pack of bludgers shut down parliament for 2 weeks. No wuzzers though, Albo (I'll tell ya what ya wanna hear) has a plan for the future remember 😂😂

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,282 Posts
I note with interest that the UK parliament shut down for a week due to the passing of QE2, our pack of bludgers shut down parliament for 2 weeks. No wuzzers though, Albo (I'll tell ya what ya wanna hear) has a plan for the future remember 😂😂
They are grieving hard

6581 - 6600 of 6621 Posts