BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
6861 - 6880 of 6941 Posts

·
Upside Down
3,900 Posts
I wanted to go for another ride today and to make sure my handlebars work for me. But the weather was so hot and dry winds that you could feel the sun burning your face just standing in the yard add the wild winds to that I stayed home and helped my new neighbour trim her tree, ( I was going to say bush but some sick members on here would take it wrongley ) cut some wild plants out of the back garden and clean up her yard. Her daughter and son inlaws come over to help but we were finished so had a nice breakfast with them before retiring back into my air conditioning. I plan on another ride over the next few days, this will be the deciding factor in keeping or selling the bike. I am almost sure I will keep it but want to make sure over a longer ride than I did on Saturday before I do anything.

·
Palm tree driver
K1600GT MY2023
1,766 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
40,000km
Just won’t stop raining
03:30 start today, varied between overcast and 32*C then I got some of your leftover liquid snow on the way home; but rain at 29*C isn’t quite the issue it could be.

You’d better improve your act by the time we get to Tassie…….

5am coffee and cake was OK, looking forward to dinner sometime soon 😇
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Upside Down
3,900 Posts
03:30 start today, varied between overcast and 32*C then I got some of your leftover liquid snow on the way home.

5am coffee and cake was OK, looking forward to dinner sometime soon 😇 View attachment 172408
Love your bike Heli which one is it again?:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::unsure:

·
No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,471 Posts
03:30 start today, varied between overcast and 32*C then I got some of your leftover liquid snow on the way home.

5am coffee and cake was OK, looking forward to dinner sometime soon 😇 View attachment 172408
You chasing Lycra around again John

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,866 ·
You still on Ovaltine and Tang Anton.

Baz is a bit Shifty, he’s leasing out his paddocks for local farmers to breed their cattle, he’s got about 5 motorcycles and Electric pushbikes. 4X4.
He has Milo Tins buried everywhere up there in the Snowy Mountains
They're Caterers Blend tins, they're bigger😉

·
Upside Down
3,900 Posts
Again, @Damian M had better book decent weather for Feb/March. Our niece (from Geraldton) is motorhoming the Apple Isle right now 🤔🙊 View attachment 172424
I remember doing tours around Tassie in December and going up Mt Wellington with snow on Christmas day but when you consider that the south pole is only about 160 kms. away you start to know how that can happen.

·
Palm tree driver
K1600GT MY2023
1,766 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
40,000km
I remember doing tours around Tassie in December and going up Mt Wellington with snow on Christmas day but when you consider that the south pole is only about 160 kms. away you start to know how that can happen.
Left out a few zeros there: 5,200kms to the South Pole from Hobart!

It took us about ten days to sail down there before getting into the pack-ice ☃
Sky Snow Slope Winter sport Ice cap

Water Sky Snow Body of water Freezing

Sky Snow Water Sea ice Horizon

Cloud Sky Water Boat Naval architecture

·
No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,471 Posts
Again, @Damian M had better book decent weather for Feb/March. Our niece (from Geraldton) is motorhoming the Apple Isle right now 🤔🙊 View attachment 172424
Hhhhmmm it looks like someone has forgotten where he came from.
You have been spoilt by / so called QLD weather.
Out of the 12mths of the year February has to be the safest month to choose riding Tassie.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,873 ·
Out of the 12mths of the year February has to be the safest month to choose riding Tassie.
Nope, 10 days in Tassie in Feb in the pouring rain, camping!
I think they made it into a movie - "How to lose a girl in 10 days"

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,539 Posts
You had to say it 🤦‍♂️ now it is gonna turn to sh*t 🤷‍♂️

·
Upside Down
3,900 Posts
Oh No
Sorry Anton I've just pulled up at Dick Nose' s shed to work through Tassie Trip and look what I see.
It's a disgrace
Geoff , Brendan needs you for a polish
View attachment 172461 View attachment 172461
Wow sorry I don't polish pool tables lol If he spends about 3 hours washing and drying then a little wax and some Autosol for the alloy, that bike might look the same condition when Anton loved and looked after it. I was just speaking to Anton and he did mention you guys get a bit slack down there, I thought it might have something to do with that VB rainwater you guys drink. Dont say you don't drink the evidence is left on the edge of the pool table. :unsure::whistle::cool::LOL:

6861 - 6880 of 6941 Posts