BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
6881 - 6900 of 6941 Posts

·
No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,471 Posts
We got back from that ride around The Ghost of The Snowy Mountains area, it’s rained every day since. He will get it done , weather is clearing.
I’m jumping on the K tomorrow, ride into North Melbourne 7am . 1st training session tomorrow meet greet get on the track. Looking fwd to it

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
We got back from that ride around The Ghost of The Snowy Mountains area, it’s rained every day since. He will get it done , weather is clearing.
I’m jumping on the K tomorrow, ride into North Melbourne 7am . 1st training session tomorrow meet greet get on the track. Looking fwd to it
I have no doubt it’ll be sparkling again for Tassie. I’ve got a coaching tip for your first day, will send it on WhatsApp.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Only 2 more sleeps until heading to South Australia for the last round of ASBK action. Plenty of international riders will be on track, including stars of the future Joel Kelso onboard a BMW M1000RR and Senna Agius on a Honda, and of course Jack Miller.

Live coverage is available here if interested.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,887 ·
Only 2 more sleeps until heading to South Australia for the last round of ASBK action. Plenty of international riders will be on track, including stars of the future Joel Kelso onboard a BMW M1000RR and Senna Agius on a Honda, and of course Jack Miller.

Live coverage is available here if interested.
How are you getting to SA, AZ?

·
Upside Down
3,900 Posts
Hey Darin
Found out a Member on here Barracks for that other team , in Adelaide.

Looks like I can stir up some trouble here, he had some interesting views of Supporters of your Mob lol.
Damo you should know by now we don't do any stirring on this site so please give that a lot of thought as some of us are like delicate little flowers and might take offence or something similar. :giggle::whistle::geek:

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,539 Posts
Here's a little fact for automotive buffs, or just to dazzle your friends.

The four Goldberg brothers, Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Maxwell, invented and developed the first automobile air-conditioner. On July 17, 1946 , the temperature in Detroit was 97 F degrees.

The four brothers walked into old man Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into telling him that four gentlemen were there with the most exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry was curious and invited them into his office.

They refused and instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.

They persuaded him to get into the car, which was about 130 F degrees inside, turned on the air conditioner, and cooled the car off almost immediately.

The old man got very excited and invited them back to the office, where he offered them $3 million for the patent.

The brothers refused, saying they would settle for $2 million, but they wanted the recognition by having a label, 'The Goldberg Air-Conditioner,' on the dashboard of each car in which it was installed.

There was no way that old man Ford was going to put the Goldberg's name on two million Fords.

They haggled back and forth for about two hours and finally agreed on $4 million and that just their first names would be shown.

And so to this day, all Ford air conditioners show --

Lo, Norm, Hi, and Max -- on the controls.

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,539 Posts
Hey Darin

Looks like I can stir up some trouble here, he had some interesting views of Supporters of your Mob lol.
There is always a couple of sad and disappointed Adelaide supporters hiding in the normal population mate, pretty easy to recognise during footy season, generally got a bit of red around the eyes from crying 😁

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,539 Posts
Hey Darin

The new gig looking good mate?, you got a good mob of lads? Hope to see them heading for a better season next year, the going has been tough for them in the last few years

·
No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,471 Posts
The new gig looking good mate?, you got a good mob of lads? Hope to see them heading for a better season next year, the going has been tough for them in the last few years
Yes they have a better list than what I thought, just need to teach them.

1st day today had a kick around and intro to the Lads,
Bit of a ride to North Melbourne from home tho, left home at 6am got to the Club 7:10am. A lot of Traffic on the Freeway at that time.

6881 - 6900 of 6941 Posts