BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
6901 - 6920 of 6941 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,539 Posts
Yes they have a better list than what I thought, just need to teach them.

1st day today had a kick around and intro to the Lads,
Bit of a ride to North Melbourne from home tho, left home at 6am got to the Club 7:10am. A lot of Traffic on the Freeway at that time.
Looking forward to watching their progress in the new season. The ride will get easier as the weather improves.

·
Upside Down
3,902 Posts
I have put the R1200RS up for sale I can't get the bars right for me after a 380 km ride yesterday, and I am still getting pain down the back of my neck. I love the way this bike handles and an amazing bike but I have invested enough and can't make it work for me to ride the distances I used to with my RT`s or GTLs So I am hoping it sells quickly and I can buy another RT or K1600 either a GT or GTL second hand with low km and serviced regularly. I am not giving my RS away but know it represents great value for all the Paintwork, service and tyres I have done to it. I have a full history and stamped books from new so that will help I hope as it has been over-serviced if anything but that's a plus for any buyer.

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,539 Posts
I have put the R1200RS up for sale I can't get the bars right for me after a 380 km ride yesterday, and I am still getting pain down the back of my neck. I love the way this bike handles and an amazing bike but I have invested enough and can't make it work for me to ride the distances I used to with my RT`s or GTLs So I am hoping it sells quickly and I can buy another RT or K1600 either a GT or GTL second hand with low km and serviced regularly. I am not giving my RS away but know it represents great value for all the Paintwork, service and tyres I have done to it. I have a full history and stamped books from new so that will help I hope as it has been over-serviced if anything but that's a plus for any buyer.
Sorry to hear you couldn’t get the ergonomics right Geoff, someone will get themselves a fabulous bike though after all the work you put into it.

·
Upside Down
3,902 Posts
Sorry to hear you couldn’t get the ergonomics right Geoff, someone will get themselves a fabulous bike though after all the work you put into it.
Thanks, Darin there is a time you need to say enough is enough but you are so correct someone will end up with a fantastic bike. Mine is slightly more expensive than the other R1200RS on Bikesales but it has a lot more and would have to be one of the best in Australia with all the service history etc. To be honest it has been over serviced if anything and that's a bonus. I hope a prospective buyer understands what has gone into it with the panniers and top case colour coded, then all the inner bags and full service with new tyres along with the Handlebars with risers etc. Anyway, the market is what it is so we shall see.

·
Upside Down
3,902 Posts
This has been a long journey Geoff. Hope we can find you the right bike, let’s start hunting team.
Wonder what Colour we should hunt for
Thanks, Damian I have only had the bike on, bike sales a day and had one guy asking about it and said he is serious and also has owned and loved the RS, I replied to him so let's cross our fingers that he's not a time waster. I am surprised I got an interested party so soon as mine is about $1,000.00 more expensive than the other 4 that are on there but I think it is way better so let's hope and I can move on. I know of a 2015 K1600GT close to Newcastle with 12 mths rego and 28,000 klms that would be nice if I can sell this quickly. But there are so many tyre kickers a reason I have never been a fan of selling privately. Let's see I should not be negative about this.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,907 ·
Was watching the news tonight and thought it was a story about an eclipse of the sun, but no, our humungo sun blocking BF Damo flashes up on the screen looking like a dude from the Chippendales 😄 - what a legend, onya mate👍

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,909 ·
Thanks, Damian I have only had the on, bike sales a day and had one guy asking about it and said he is serious and also has owned and loved the RS, I replied to him so let's cross our fingers that he's not a time waster. I am surprised I got an interested party so soon as mine is about $1,000.00 more expensive than the other 4 that are on there but I think it is way better so let's hope and I can move on. I know of a 2015 K1600GT close to Newcastle with 12 mths rego and 28,000 klms that would be nice if I can sell this quickly.
Geoff, I guess you're looking at the white GT in Woy Woy, looks like it has a low seat👍

·
Upside Down
3,902 Posts
Geoff, I guess you're looking at the white GT in Woy Woy, looks like it has a low seat👍
Correct I have spoken to the owner but still need to sell my bike and not looking as if the guy that sent me a message is really all that honest, let alone really interested. I replied to him and have not heard anything back although he did say he can only look at it on a Sunday or Monday so who knows he claimed he was serious and had an RS and loved it, so it may happen. Then again the sky might fall in by tonight too lol. :whistle::unsure::cool: I am not a fan of selling anything online etc . but rather give it a chance this time around and hope with all fingers and toes crossed. His bike won't last as it is excellent along with priced well.

·
Palm tree driver
K1600GT MY2023
1,767 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
40,000km
Correct I have spoken to the owner but still need to sell my bike and not looking as if the guy that sent me a message is really all that honest, let alone really interested. I replied to him and have not heard anything back although he did say he can only look at it on a Sunday or Monday so who knows he claimed he was serious and had an RS and loved it, so it may happen. Then again the sky might fall in by tonight too lol. :whistle::unsure::cool: I am not a fan of selling anything online etc . but rather give it a chance this time around and hope with all fingers and toes crossed. His bike won't last as it is excellent along with priced well.
Just looking at the photos and video, there are two different seats and three different tyres, plus ‘Pirelli 6GT‘ in the narrative!

Tread carefully with this one 🤔

Meanwhile a ripper 2021 GT for sale on the Gold Coast 😇

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,912 ·
Geoff, get yourself some stilettos and grab an early XR, you'll be the flashest and fastest ol codger in Newy

·
Upside Down
3,902 Posts
Just looking at the photos and video, there are two different seats and three different tyres, plus ‘Pirelli 6GT‘ in the narrative!

Tread carefully with this one 🤔

Meanwhile a ripper 2021 GT for sale on the Gold Coast 😇
It has a GTL seat plus the GT seat. as an extra cost low ks and all services are done on the central coast. As for your old bike, I don't have that sort of $$$ if I did I would buy it without a second thought.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,914 ·
It has a GTL seat plus the GT seat. as an extra cost low ks and all services are done on the central coast. As for your old bike, I don't have that sort of $$$ if I did I would buy it without a second thought.
Geoffrey, this one keeps rolling around in the back of my mind, with some pressure a reasonable price may be possible 🤷‍♂️. But then again maybe it's an omen that I should get it, see under the engine capacity it says AB'S 😄
Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,539 Posts
Geoffrey, this one keeps rolling around in the back of my mind, with some pressure a reasonable price may be possible 🤷‍♂️. But then again maybe it's an omen that I should get it, see under the engine capacity it says AB'S 😄 View attachment 172550
It is right Geoffrey! It is blue 😁👍

·
Upside Down
3,902 Posts
Geoffrey, this one keeps rolling around in the back of my mind, with some pressure a reasonable price may be possible 🤷‍♂️. But then again maybe it's an omen that I should get it, see under the engine capacity it says AB'S 😄 View attachment 172550
Nice bike and I have looked at that plus so many more, I need to sell mine before I even think about another bike. Price will be the factor Baz along with maybe just sitting back as more and more New BMWs are slowly coming into Australia now, so there just might be some late models traded after Christmas and some sharper prices too.

6901 - 6920 of 6941 Posts