BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The DOT approved Schuberth C5 helmet is now available in the USA. Mine was delivered on 6/22 from RevZilla. Thier Louisville, Kentucky warehouse just received the stock from Germany. The DOT version differs from the ECE 22.05 version in that the shell construction has an extra layer. This was needed to pass the DOT penetration/puncture test not required for the Euro version. It is advertised to weigh 100gr (3oz) more than its twin brother.

Nevertheless, here is mine with the SC2 comm system. Move over Neotec!

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

Sports equipment Automotive design Grey Personal protective equipment Composite material

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m really interested in the new C5. I’m a Neotec head since the C3 and C4 never quite fit. I read they changed the fit with the C5. If you owned a Neotec, how’s the fit of your new C5? Also, is sizing the same? I used to have a XL Schuberth but a L Shoei.

Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Schubert has a size guide on their website. Invest in a Walmart fabric tape measure in centimeters. I have a 59cm intermediate oval head and that equates to a size large. RevZilla has a 30 day exchange policy as long as the helmet has not “been test ridden” and the protective film is not peeled off of the visor.

The helmet does not come with any other size liner than what you ordered. A custom sizing kit will be available in the future, for micro fine fitment as there are 7 individual pieces that make up the liner. Easy out easy in.

I am very satisfied with the weight, as it is comparable to any premium helmet on the market. Check out the numerous YouTube video reviews online.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I’m really interested in the new C5. I’m a Neotec head since the C3 and C4 never quite fit. I read they changed the fit with the C5. If you owned a Neotec, how’s the fit of your new C5? Also, is sizing the same? I used to have a XL Schuberth but a L Shoei.

Greg
I'll give you my 2 cents :)

I own a C3, I like it and it's quiet, but it never really had the perfect fit. My forehead hurts (a lot) after 30-60 mins. and I get a big red mark. I really wanted the C5 based on the specs etc., and the fact that they said they changed the shape of the C5. However, when I tried it at my dealer (in Europe) it still wasn't a good fit for my head - it hurt my forehead - just like the C3 (even though to a lesser extent). They can customize the fit of the C5, but when I asked they had not received the parts to do that yet. I needed a new helmet and was not confident that the C5 could be customized enough, so I bought a Shoei GT Air II and it's the perfect fit for my head - tight fit, but absolutely no headache/pain and no red marks + it's really quiet :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've had a C3pro XL for the last few years that fits perfectly. In fact all my helmets were XL.
Yesterday I tried C5 XL in a shop. It's loose! Too big and I can move my head inside the helmet.
Schuberth definitely changed the shell/lining sizing.

Cheers,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The helmet is constructed in only two shell sizes that accommodate liners from XS-LG or XL- XXL.

Your exact head sized helmet is made possible by 7 snap-in pieces that make up your liner size. Schuberth will offer a kit(later this summer) to mix and match liner pieces for micro fitment to your liking.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Talked to the Schuberth rep at the rally in Springfield last week. He said the C5 is 10 times better than the Neotec II. Hummm we will see about that. Had a C3 , never did grow to like it.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I'll give you my 2 cents :)

I own a C3, I like it and it's quiet, but it never really had the perfect fit. My forehead hurts (a lot) after 30-60 mins. and I get a big red mark.
I could have written this exactly as stated. My C3 was a torture chamber after the first 30-60 minutes. On my last long multi-day trip with the C3, the helmet actually wore a small bald spot right above my forehead. Thankfully, it was a trauma spot that grew back. :oops: I went to the Neotec 2, and all problems solved.

Shoei caters to a different head shape that Schuberth. Pick the one that provides a proper fit.

·
Registered
2015 GTL 2012 Voyager
87 Posts
I have an extremely round head and most helmets do not fit properly, the Schuberths do. I have two C3 Pros and I have no complaints. ( Also have an E1 that's waiting for a GS)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts