BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been very pleased with my purchase of the k16 GT - One thing. It came with the touring screen. I notice a lot of wind noise and 'back draft/push'. It seems less than 'shielding' than my R1200. As my wife and I do a lot of touring I was looking to replace the sports screen with a touring screen, and as normal BMW price way above the after market ones. Has anyone tried the Puig touring screens?

Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Confused. It came with the touring screen, so you want to replace the sports screen with a touring screen?
I went with 7 jurock so can’t comment on Puig

·
Registered
K1600 GTLe
22 Posts
Can't understand why folk would want to look through 3 lots of plastic, 4 screens if you count glasses. Pinlock, visor, screen.. drives me nuts and just can't get on with it.
And as for riding with visor up, you'll only do that at speed once after getting a wasp or bee trapped in your helmet - got that tee shirt !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been very pleased with my purchase of the k16 GT - One thing. It came with the touring screen. I notice a lot of wind noise and 'back draft/push'. It seems less than 'shielding' than my R1200. As my wife and I do a lot of touring I was looking to replace the sports screen with a touring screen, and as normal BMW price way above the after market ones. Has anyone tried the Puig touring screens?

Thanks.
Does your screen have "V" dip in middle or arched over convex top of screen shape?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts