BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
Sena has a new bluetooth headset in the works. Sounds like they've been listening to the consumer/user. Here's the latest link:

https://www.sena.com/product/50s

Duane
Mesh 2.0
Bluetooth 5 enabled
Updated and redesigned speakers
Multi-language 'including Carolina' voice command support
Digital assistant access
Reduced fast charging time by 30%
A tried-and-true jog dial design

There its now perfect ! >:)

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Mesh 2- how many groups do you ride with at one time? If only one, this will be a catch up to Cardo’s PackTalk.

Bluetooth 5- I’ll want this when I get a peripheral that uses it.

Updated speakers-Again catching up to Cardo- but for those of us who ride with earbuds, nothing I need or want. It will only jack up the price.

Multi language- I only need one and, again, This is a Cardo catch up.

Don’t know what “digital assist access” is. I’m guessing it’s connection to a phone app. Old news.

Jog wheel- same old with a new look.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I didn’t see any mention of an aux jack for for earbuds.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Will they finally make them waterproof? I didn't see anything mentioned about that.

I had a 20s fail because of water intrusion. Fortunately for me, Sena stood behind it and sent me a new 20s Evo. I also bought a 20s from a guy whose stopped working on a ride in the rain from San Antonio to Houston. When I took it apart I found there is nothing preventing water from entering at the USB port, just the little rubber door on the outside. Make sure it is closed, if you ride in the rain. And don't ride plugged in, if it is raining. Don't get me wrong, I really like my Senas (I was able to fix the broken one I bought). But I really wish they would make them waterproof and not just water resistant.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I love it when waiting feels good. This may be a worthy upgrade to my 20s. Will watch and see... with some skepticism, since currently my 20s does everything except mesh, and I’m not sure that’s all that and A bag of chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sena has a new bluetooth headset in the works. Sounds like they've been listening to the consumer/user. Here's the latest link:

https://www.sena.com/product/50s

Duane
Thanks Duane for the heads up. I would like to see them also do something re: the Mic as I hate the bloody thing hanging in front of your chin so if they could do a Mic. that was hidden in the chin or someplace out of the way similar to the Schuberth C4 with the coms as it is a Sena product anyway. I have the Schuberth and love the comfort of the helmet with the coms.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Thanks Duane for the heads up. I would like to see them also do something re: the Mic as I hate the bloody thing hanging in front of your chin so if they could do a Mic. that was hidden in the chin or someplace out of the way similar to the Schuberth C4 with the coms as it is a Sena product anyway. I have the Schuberth and love the comfort of the helmet with the coms.
The Cardo Packtalk and Packtalk Bold come with an optional mic on a thin wire. You can fix it to the inside of your helmet out of the wind and avoid the stalk mounted mike hanging in front of your chin.

·
Premium Member
4,855 Posts
Hope they can get the voice commands to work better than the 30K does.
Indeed, The only real annoying thing about my 30K is how often it interrupts me when I'm talking on the intercom with "Say a command." I'm right in the middle of telling those behind me about something in the road and I have to ask it for a battery check to get back on the intercom.

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Indeed, The only real annoying thing about my 30K is how often it interrupts me when I'm talking on the intercom with "Say a command." I'm right in the middle of telling those behind me about something in the road and I have to ask it for a battery check to get back on the intercom.
Say "CANCEL"

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I think Sena would do well to add a third voice command, “Hey Duane!” I can only imagine the very clear but cryptic dialogue with a rider. :laugh:

·
Registered
473 Posts
My 30k won’t even answer me. Took it to the Sena booth at the BMW rally in Lebanon they hooked it up to one of their headsets and pronounced it was good. Tried on the way home it worked for 10 minutes and then nothing. Hello Sena..........silence. :frown: Took on my trip out to Colorado and it never did answer a command. Hello Cardo ?

·
Registered
398 Posts
My 30k won’t even answer me. Took it to the Sena booth at the BMW rally in Lebanon they hooked it up to one of their headsets and pronounced it was good. Tried on the way home it worked for 10 minutes and then nothing. Hello Sena..........silence. :frown: Took on my trip out to Colorado and it never did answer a command. Hello Cardo ?
The Cardo voice command system works great. Most of what I do can be accomplished through the voice commands, and I take full advantage of it. Hopefully, the next generation Sena makes this feature more usable.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
I wonder if they've got music sharing working more than 10-20% of the times you try to turn it on.

·
Premium Member
4,855 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my 30K units. They pair up very reliably with each other and with older SMH10B units. I've got my eye on the new 10c EVO unit for taking some photos or video while I'm off in the woods on my dirt bike. A friend went on their web site and paid for the 10c EVO and then got the message that it was backordered for several weeks - after they charged his credit card. Booo. A company should not charge your card until they ship it. That was a pretty objectionable thing for Sena to do.

That's especially true given Sena's track record of announcing and showing a product and then not shipping it until 6+ months later (the 30K).

·
Registered
265 Posts
... A friend went on their web site and paid for the 10c EVO and then got the message that it was backordered for several weeks - after they charged his credit card. Booo. A company should not charge your card until they ship it. That was a pretty objectionable thing for Sena to do. That's especially true given Sena's track record of announcing and showing a product and then not shipping it until 6+ months later (the 30K).
Bad business practices like that is enough to piss me off to the point I'd never want to do business with such a company :mad:

Jeff

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Bad business practices like that is enough to piss me off to the point I'd never want to do business with such a company :mad:

Jeff
...another reason to buy through Richard at RKA. He did us a group buy when the 30K came out with a discount.

Duane

1 - 20 of 24 Posts