BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the September Bike of the Month Competition!

Congrats to our August winner, @Donna

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
BMW 1600 B Grand America BD 10-12-20
3 Posts
Hello All

Just Bought my 1600B Grand America at BMW Southlands in Melbourne between lockdown 4 - 5,theoretically (according to sales) its was the last one in stock in Australia, Build date 10/12/20. Have Done 8000 kms so far in 3 months as I am a lucky essential worker and a round trip is 150 km's. I love the power it has, finally went to Dynamic mode, rain , hail or shine, It came with everything except centre stand. Hopefully when lockdown 6 comes to a end, I will see some open roads
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
1,764 Posts
Hello All

Just Bought my 1600B Grand America at BMW Southlands in Melbourne between lockdown 4 - 5,theoretically (according to sales) its was the last one in stock in Australia, Build date 10/12/20. Have Done 8000 kms so far in 3 months as I am a lucky essential worker and a round trip is 150 km's. I love the power it has, finally went to Dynamic mode, rain , hail or shine, It came with everything except centre stand. Hopefully when lockdown 6 comes to a end, I will see some open roads View attachment 156849 View attachment 156850 View attachment 156851
Nice bike mate, did Omar sell you the beast ? I’ve been trying to get him and Sebastian to come for a ride with me. Where you located in Melb mate, when this lockdown finishes and where allowed out, got take these bikes up the hills

·
Registered
BMW 1600 B Grand America BD 10-12-20
3 Posts
Nice bike mate, did Omar sell you the beast ? I’ve been trying to get him and Sebastian to come for a ride with me. Where you located in Melb mate, when this lockdown finishes and where allowed out, got take these bikes up the hills

Hello Damien

I got the new cadet salesperson to sell it to me, At the moment I Live in Manor Lakes/ Wydhamvale, and I would definitely go for a ride after lock down, or 70% freedom, as I have been double jabbed

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Hello Damien

I got the new cadet salesperson to sell it to me, At the moment I Live in Manor Lakes/ Wydhamvale, and I would definitely go for a ride after lock down, or 70% freedom, as I have been double jabbed

Brad
Other side of town mate, I’m in the Yarra Valley

·
Premium Member
2020 K1600GT
120 Posts
Presenting my 2020 K1600GT Sport Style

Favorite aspect of the bike is the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the engine. It can leisurely cruise along at 65 in 6th then easily take a downshift to 2nd and scream like a banshee as it quickly scoots past slow moving traffic.

She’s my daily rider which makes everyday feel like a vacation.

Extras:
  • Denali D7 headlights, DR1 running lights with yellow flood lens, and a pair of B6 taillights
  • Bren Stage 2
  • Sargent Seat
  • Ilium Works engine protection bars and Highway pegs
  • 22” 7 Jurock screen with flip
  • MoDoor garage door opener
  • Lidlox helmet lock
  • CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna. Don’t use radio so wanted something less conspicuous.
  • Super Shark Grip buddies

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Sky Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Presenting my 2020 K1600GT Sport Style

Favorite aspect of the bike is the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the engine. It can leisurely cruise along at 65 in 6th then easily take a downshift to 2nd and scream like a banshee as it quickly scoots past slow moving traffic.

She’s my daily rider which makes everyday feel like a vacation.

Extras:
  • Denali D7 headlights, DR1 running lights with yellow flood lens, and a pair of B6 taillights
  • Bren Stage 2
  • Sargent Seat
  • Ilium Works engine protection bars and Highway pegs
  • 22” 7 Jurock screen with flip
  • MoDoor garage door opener
  • Lidlox helmet lock
  • CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna. Don’t use radio so wanted something less conspicuous.
  • Super Shark Grip buddies

View attachment 157140

View attachment 157141

View attachment 157142
Great Photo's Mate

Love the bike too, if i didn't love my B that's the bike i would have got. There was 1 in last months BOTM really nice bike

·
Premium Member
2020 K1600GT
120 Posts
Great Photo's Mate

Love the bike too, if i didn't love my B that's the bike i would have got. There was 1 in last months BOTM really nice bike
Appreciate it Damian. Even better than the pictures was actually being to be there. Have to agree she’s a looker.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Baby is one year old with 26,080 miles on her. Glad that the wife likes to go, would hate to make a "choice".... this past year: Twisted Sisters, Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Skyway, Pig Trail, Mark Twain National Park, Million Dollar Highway, Beartooth Pass, Iron Mount Road, and a few trips to Wisconsin

Illium rear footboards
Illium shifter
illium kickstand foot
Bren Stage II
Puig Screen
Danali Soundbomb
Clear Water Lights
RDL Seat
Bushtec trailer

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Fuel tank
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 157485
Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Plant

Hey everyone, meet Sophie! She is my 2021 GTL and my first K16. She was preceded by a 85 K100RS, a 93 K1100RS, an 07 K1200GT and currently shares the garage with Berta, my 2016 R1200RT. Mods are minimal, Remus mufflers and Illium highway pegs. Ours us a fledgling relationship, but so far I am very impressed with her smoothness, power, and handling. Favorite rides have been to the east coast for the sunrise and a cup of coffee. The Blue Ridge mountains are next on our agenda.

·
Bubonic
1,287 Posts
oops

·
Registered
498 Posts
Respectfully submitted for BOTM consideration: 2018 GA, Bren Tune, Max Torque cans, Ilium Works passenger floorboards & saddlebag guards, Isotta rack, RDL seat, 7Jurock windshield and Aerowings.

Sky Fuel tank Tire Mountain Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts