BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased 2 x new carbon 7 series helmets from BMW in Port Elizabeth in September 2018. Used once in December and then once in Feb. for short trips. Went on a long trip in April and my sun visor/dark visor would not go up or down, first time I had used it. Took it to a dealer in Bloemfontein who said the cable joint had broken and it was a replacement warranty. Rode back to Port Elizabeth, took it back to dealer. Dealer submitted claim to BMW H/Office, then to Germany. Mmm, a claim, yes, but no stock. Only new stock available in October. Really poor service. Why no stock Internationally? Maybe a major problem with all system 7 helmets? Anyone else have similar problem?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
No problems with mine so far, my local dealer seems to have good stock considering the amount of them they have on display.

No help to you though, hope you manage to get it sorted before October.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a very similar issue with 1 of the 2 I brought. Took it back where i brought it and they handed me a new helmet there and then. Great service

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is very bad luck. Mine has been fine - used it a lot, with no issues (hope that is not tempting fate!).

Old Foxy

·
Registered
100 Posts
had one of the1st 7 with bluetooth had it replaced 3 time
the problem was when opening the visor the pin lock would catch the upper seal and rip it
it was one of the worst helmets that bmw HAD MADE
i got a full refund for helmet and coms
went back to a schuberth c3 pro now happy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts