BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looked around a bit I found there are a few options; Mark's Service Manual, BMW DVD and a host of downloadable PDF manuals.

What is the "best" for simple-ish service items? Not looking to take the engine out or other "major" work. I'd just like clear steps to do all the regular service, parts removal and install with torque specs and the like.

Where is the best place to get the official BMW DVD....lots of ppl selling on eBay (pirated?), if that is worth having and not overkill. Are those pdf versions just pirated DVDs in print form? If so, seems like the info is in there but scattered due to links in the DVD not there to jump you from one area to the other.

Ideas, what have do you have that is easy and clear to use?

Thx

CJ

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
YouTube videos.
Also, this site is a good resource for DIYr's.
Just do a quick search of the job you need to do.

Joe

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ebay is a good source for a shop manual for up to model year 2016; I haven't found any for later model years.

You-tube videos are also a good source however be cautious if you have a later model year release. Some of the procedures shown there are different than procedures shown in the owner's manual. An example of that would be the removal of the front wheel.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts