BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey California folks,
My wife and I are planning a trip up the coast highway from San Diego to her parents' place in Oregon. I'm wondering what you're seeing in terms of food, lodging and restrooms out there. It's hard to find up to date information from a reliable source, and what gets reported seems to cluster around the extremes. I appreciate anything you can pass along.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
My State of Jefferson trip in July was the first or second week of the new dine-in restrictions. I stayed in CA and didn't go into Oregon.

At the time, it seemed that that Sonoma County was the northernmost along the coast with dine-in restrictions. But that might be expanded now. Many restaurants in the small towns were closed. But I didn't go hungry.

Many restaurants are figuring out the outdoor dining thing now. We were in the city of Sonoma recently, and there was a lot of outdoor dining with temporary street closures.

Most mini-marts at service stations were open. Many restrooms were open, but did find one that was closed.

There is one place I can recommend for a quick sandwich: Twofish Baking in Stewarts Point. It doesn't look like much, but there is a small store and good sandwiches with outdoor picnic tables. Maybe because I was sick of bad food by that point, but I found it tasty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, @RedCard.
That's the kind of thing I was looking for. I appreciate the tip on the sandwich place, too. We'll probably be going through Stewart's Point right around lunchtime, so we'll check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts