BMW K1600 Forum banner

Shift assist pro

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bhobbs1981 
#1 ·
I’ve now got 2500 miles on the B and thought I had the auto blipper down. But a couple times downshifting it went into neutral. Was this a fluke or something I need to watch for? Occasionally the up shift into 6th is t the smoothest either.

JJ

#2 ·
I never landed on neutral... however I had to learn a bit to use the shift assist during downshifting... for up shifting you don't cut the throttle and for down shifts you have to... My muscle memory to cut the throttle without the clutch pulled in needed a ride or two to adjust.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
It becomes instinctive after a short while. I use the clutch when gearing up and then once in 2nd or 3rd I use the the Shift Assist Pro. That way I don’t accidentally shift into neutral. I use the Shift Assist Pro to gear down to 3rd but then use the clutch to shift to 2nd and then 1st as I pull up to stop.

#5 ·
I love the shifter. I have tennis elbow, It would have been impossible for me to ride without the shift assist pro. Up shifts are no problem, downshifts are also ok till I try to put it in neutral from second gear. I am successful about 60% of the time, I then just use the clutch. Would love to hear any pointers on downshifting to neutral.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.