BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Thanks to everyone for input.....

I decided to just keep the Cardo Freecom 4+ (F4+), even though it's not ideal for the Shoei Neotec II helmet. I had to use the adhesive pad, but it seems to be rock solid, and it did give me more flexibility in placement. The only real challenge I had installing the F4+ was sticking down the intercom boom. There is really only one tight spot where it can be placed, but it worked out.

As far as operation, so far so good. The music quality through the JBL speakers is beyond expectations. The voice command system seems to work as advertised. As far as volume, I'd blow my eardrums out if I tried to max it. I could listen to music clearly at 90 mph -- I didn't attempt to take speed further.

After playing around with the Bluetooth connectivity recommended in the Cardo manual, I tried the Bluetooth connect order described in the Nav VI documentation. I like how everything (Media/Phone) routes through the Nav VI, so I think I'm going to stick with it. I need to play with it some more, but again, so far so good.

In any case, thanks again for the help.

Where did you place the adhesive pad? I have the same set up on a C3 Pro, I moved the adhesive pad farther back on the helmet so I would not cover up the graphic (the C3 Pro Observer to be specific) and the adhesive ended up separating from the plastic (not the helmet) over a 4K mile trip. Did not blow off, but I did remove it and replace it after the trip. I can see now that even the replacement adhesive pad is not quite a solid as it should be when moved back on the helmet.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
where did you place the adhesive pad? I have the same set up on a c3 pro, i moved the adhesive pad farther back on the helmet so i would not cover up the graphic (the c3 pro observer to be specific) and the adhesive ended up separating from the plastic (not the helmet) over a 4k mile trip. Did not blow off, but i did remove it and replace it after the trip. I can see now that even the replacement adhesive pad is not quite a solid as it should be when moved back on the helmet.
Here is a picture:

IMG_1329.jpg

I wanted to place the pad in a location that was fairly flat with minimal curvature so I could get maximum contact. After cleaning the area and applying the pad, I held it firm for about 15 minutes. Then I allowed the glue to cure for 24 hours without disturbing it. The same method I used to apply the adhesive pad for my GoPro on another helmet -- it's been solid for years.

I really don't think this pad is going to budge.

·
Outta This World
1,727 Posts
Thanks to everyone for input.....

I decided to just keep the Cardo Freecom 4+ (F4+), even though it's not ideal for the Shoei Neotec II helmet. I had to use the adhesive pad, but it seems to be rock solid, and it did give me more flexibility in placement. The only real challenge I had installing the F4+ was sticking down the intercom boom. There is really only one tight spot where it can be placed, but it worked out.

As far as operation, so far so good. The music quality through the JBL speakers is beyond expectations. The voice command system seems to work as advertised. As far as volume, I'd blow my eardrums out if I tried to max it. I could listen to music clearly at 90 mph -- I didn't attempt to take speed further.

After playing around with the Bluetooth connectivity recommended in the Cardo manual, I tried the Bluetooth connect order described in the Nav VI documentation. I like how everything (Media/Phone) routes through the Nav VI, so I think I'm going to stick with it. I need to play with it some more, but again, so far so good.

In any case, thanks again for the help.

Where did you place the adhesive pad? I have the same set up on a C3 Pro, I moved the adhesive pad farther back on the helmet so I would not cover up the graphic (the C3 Pro Observer to be specific) and the adhesive ended up separating from the plastic (not the helmet) over a 4K mile trip. Did not blow off, but I did remove it and replace it after the trip. I can see now that even the replacement adhesive pad is not quite a solid as it should be when moved back on the helmet.
The ptbold is rock solid on my c3 pro using just the adhesive.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have a Neotech II and Sena SRL, excellent system and zero issues so far, getting good music quality on a bike, at speed with wind noise, with ear protection, via bluetooth.................that's maybe pushing it.

I had Autocom for over 10 years and rate the Sena as good.

Tip for today, get the Sena RC3 remote control and mount it on the left handlebar with a cable tie, it takes over from the volume control on the wonder wheel and works perfectly, saves all the messing about trying to push tiny buttons with large gloved hands.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have a Neotech II and Sena SRL, excellent system and zero issues so far, getting good music quality on a bike, at speed with wind noise, with ear protection, via bluetooth.................that's maybe pushing it.

I had Autocom for over 10 years and rate the Sena as good.

Tip for today, get the Sena RC3 remote control and mount it on the left handlebar with a cable tie, it takes over from the volume control on the wonder wheel and works perfectly, saves all the messing about trying to push tiny buttons with large gloved hands.
I've done only one freeway ride at speed with my new F4+ w/JBL speakers. As I mentioned, I took the GTL up to 90 mph and the music experience was still decent. The weather was great and there was almost no wind turbulence (other than going fast), so that probably helped a lot. The JBL speakers certainly make a huge improvement over my previous Cardo Scala Rider setup.

I saw an RKA video where he used that Sena remote. It looks really convenient. I tried using the Cardo natural language commands to avoid pressing tiny buttons and it worked flawlessly, even at speed. I adjusted volume, navigated through tracks of music, and turned music on/off altogether simply through my voice. The overall system seems solid.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Here is a picture:

View attachment 130118

I wanted to place the pad in a location that was fairly flat with minimal curvature so I could get maximum contact. After cleaning the area and applying the pad, I held it firm for about 15 minutes. Then I allowed the glue to cure for 24 hours without disturbing it. The same method I used to apply the adhesive pad for my GoPro on another helmet -- it's been solid for years.

I really don't think this pad is going to budge.

Thank you for posting that photo. That looks good/solid. My application on the C3 Pro Observer has the adhesive mount a little farther back, slightly less flat surface, more curvature and I think this is the problem.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you for posting that photo. That looks good/solid. My application on the C3 Pro Observer has the adhesive mount a little farther back, slightly less flat surface, more curvature and I think this is the problem.
Yea, curvature can create problems.

The only thing I don't like about the F4+ so far is the way the unit clips into the cradle. There is a small release tab at the front and that's it. Not a good design. It wouldn't take much for a mistake while trying to press other buttons and have the thing fly off. Just going to have to be extra careful.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Here ya go...
Thank you ever so much Sir B407 driver for your pictures of the Cardo Paktalk Bold mounted on you Shoei Neotec II helmet. Without your pictures and some "come on Man, you can do it!" on my part I'd never been able to mount my Paktalk Bold on my Neotec II today. Hip Hip Oray!!:)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thank you ever so much Sir B407 driver for your pictures of the Cardo Paktalk Bold mounted on you Shoei Neotec II helmet. Without your pictures and some "come on Man, you can do it!" on my part I'd never been able to mount my Paktalk Bold on my Neotec II today. Hip Hip Oray!!:)
My adhesive mount for the FC4+ has been on my Neotec II for about a year, and it's still rock solid. I'm glad you were able to use the regular PTB mount on your helmet without doing any damage. The PTB mount is a slightly different than the FC4+, so it's probably a little more compatible.

I just ordered a Sena 50s for my backup Shoei RF-1100 helmet. I'm happy with my Cardo setup on my Neotec II, but I wanted to try the 50s as a contrast. The one feature I like is that I can plug the 3.5mm jack directly into the Sena cradle for my earbuds. It's very convenient for being able to go back-and-forth with the helmet speakers. Cardo doesn't provide this. I know I can dig the Cardo speaker cable out from the helmet shell to accomplish the same, but more trouble than I want to go through. Anyway, it gives me an excuse to try out Sena's latest and greatest. :)

When I feel I'm familiar enough with the new Sena config to give an unbiased review, I'll share my thoughts.

·
Registered
356 Posts
You are quite welcome.....glad to be of assistance.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts