BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 BMW K1600 GTL, 2008 HD ULTRA CVO, 2004 HD ROAD KING
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the new Shoei Neotec II and who uses the SRL2 system? Can you use the 20s-30s and 50s on the shell?

· Registered
1,042 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
I have the neotec

You can use the 50 Sena it's probably better, I use the SLR, buttons are hard to use with gloves and it's not as easy

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand about the buttons, I have a thread asking about the RC3 or RC4 remote control. My issue with the SRL is upgrading over time and one dimensional. The 20s-50s can be move from helmet to helmet. Also they fit on the same platform, so if a 60-70 comes out it can be used.

Reactions: cboothe

· Premium Member
Now living in Virginia! 😎
279 Posts
I have the Neotec II and the integrated SRL2. I thought I wanted a Schubert C4 but my head isn’t the right shape for the Schubert’s. I love the Shoei helmet, and I think the headset is fine with the exception of the buttons as has been noted. I have the RC4 remote and it is ok but not great. Small buttons and it slides around a bit. I had been trying to use the iphone/nav/helmet together so I could control music through the nav/WW, but the Bluetooth just never lines up right with one of the three invariably not connecting. I put a quad-lock charger/mount on the bike and now my phone is where I can see and reach it, so I just have it linked directly to the helmet (phone directly to helmet, nav linked to phone for traffic updates etc) and everything works way more reliably. I am not using the remote now. I wear Pinlock hearing protectors while riding and the music/phone still sounds fine to me, but it is entirely possible I have low standards in this area.

I suspect from comments on the forum that there are other helmet headsets that are probably better than the SRL2, but I liked that it was integrated into the helmet and I wasn’t looking for audiophile audio quality or extensive helmet to helmet comms, so I am happy with it. Upgradability could be an issue as you noted, it will be interesting to see if they update the SRL to a version 3, and if it can just plug into the slot for the V2.

So I guess that was a long winded way of saying that I have both and like them. 😎

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alaska GT-The helmet is a lock, have been using the Shoie Neotec original for years. The comms is the question. I do not use the comms for other riders, to much BS. Just music and GPS input. I think I'll try the RC3 with the SRL2, bigger buttons less issues.

· Registered
566 Posts
My son just got a Shoei GT Air 2 which has a similar shell. We looked at mounting my spare 50s. Due to the placement of the SRL2 location, it makes mounting an external Sena awkward at best. Mounting location would be too far back and created problem with length of wires for the mic.

He decided to go with the SRL2. It's a much cleaner install, if you also need mesh there is a Sena adapter for that.

· American John
3,126 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10,000 mi
It would be nice to hear from someone who has successfully installed a Sena 50 on the Neotec II. I gave an attempt, and concluded I'd have to use a sticky mount (in back of the SRL slot) to make it work, and decided it was too awkward. I'm a Cardo guy anyway, so I mounted a Freecom 4+, and the setup works fine.

I wish I had more positive input.

· Premium Member
4,440 Posts
I have the Neotec II with a Sena 10C Evo mounted. I would imagine if I can mount this unit than any Sena unit would work. Helmet Hat Automotive tire Hood Sports equipment
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Headlamp Fender

The SRLII system worked great, I just wanted a camera.

· Premium Member
Now living in Virginia! 😎
279 Posts
Alaska GT-The helmet is a lock, have been using the Shoie Neotec original for years. The comms is the question. I do not use the comms for other riders, to much BS. Just music and GPS input. I think I'll try the RC3 with the SRL2, bigger buttons less issues.
I'll be interested to hear how you like the RC3, I'm tempted to get one and have headset volume control again.

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't need the 10C, have a Go Pro mounted on the windshield.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Engineering Machine

Looking at the clearer lines of the SRLII vice side mounted 20's, buying the SRLII looks like the wiser choice. I'll buy the RC3 that has the larger control buttons for winter gloves.

· Registered
13 Posts
I have a Neotec 2 and still use my Cardo Packtalk bold. I haven't used the Sena, but I went Cardo due to reviews about audio quality for music.

If the Cardo ever fails, I may consider trying the Sena made for the Neotec then.

· Registered
2012 K1600GTL Premium (lost in house fire on 12/24/22)
385 Posts
Bought Neotec II and SRL2 last May and so far they've worked great. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to connect the SRL/iPhone/Nav VI, but I guess that's a whole 'nother story... Sometimes they work well together, other times not so much. 🤦‍♂️ Must be user error or something... :cautious:

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SRL2 is also old tech, thus buy a stand alone comms for the neotec seem backward thinking. Does the 50R have the same mount as the 20 and 30?

· Boom
871 Posts
I used the adhesive mount for my Cardo...still on there two years later. No Sena experience, though.

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Richlew-thank you for the photos, very helpful. I understand the mounting is behind the SRL mounting plate?

I understand the difference between sena 20/30 and 50 is mesh capability, the Bluetooth is still 4.1?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts