BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
I have a Shoei GT-Air II with the same integrated SRL mount on the helmet. I mounted the Sena 50S clamp right over the top of it. You have to open it up pretty wide to get it to go over and fit flush but it works. No problems using this setup. I have the Sena clamp mounted and centered in the middle of the integrated SRL mount.

It's not as flush as a helmet without the SRL mount but it works just fine. I wish Shoei would remove the SRL mount as Sena is not providing the latest tech with their SRL communicators.

· Premium Member
2021 BMW K1600 GTL, 2008 HD ULTRA CVO, 2004 HD ROAD KING
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
mondorock-That's my gripe with the SRL2, it's old 20's tech. Also, you can not upgrade the system like the 20-30-50's on the same mount. The SRL has small button's, hard to work with winter type gloves. Thus, I'm looking at adding the RC3.

· Registered
18 Posts
It would be nice to hear from someone who has successfully installed a Sena 50 on the Neotec II. I gave an attempt, and concluded I'd have to use a sticky mount (in back of the SRL slot) to make it work, and decided it was too awkward. I'm a Cardo guy anyway, so I mounted a Freecom 4+, and the setup works fine.

I wish I had more positive input.
It would be nice to hear from someone who has successfully installed a Sena 50 on the Neotec II. I gave an attempt, and concluded I'd have to use a sticky mount (in back of the SRL slot) to make it work, and decided it was too awkward. I'm a Cardo guy anyway, so I mounted a Freecom 4+, and the setup works fine.

I wish I had more positive input.
If you do not already have your answer, I have successfully used the mounting plate just aft of the built-in cover. Too far forward and you will impact ability to raise/lower the sunshade. It works.Feel free to IM if questions.
Steering part Motor vehicle Vehicle Personal luxury car Vehicle door
Camera accessory Carbon Reflex camera Cameras & optics Auto part
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Wheel Motor vehicle

· Registered
17 Posts
I have had the SRL with the RC3 mounted on my clutch reservoir for over a year and it works fine for me. Only time I touch the SRL is to turn it on and off, otherwise all functions work through the RC3 each time. There is a short process each start-up to get everything working right, step 1 turn the SRL on, step 2 start the bike and wait for the helmet to announce media connected, step 3 push the right or left button on the RC3 a time or two to get it to wake up and connect to the helmet with a beep. After that, very easy to use with summer or winter gloves.

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Dljenkins-great photos, worth a thousand words, thank you.

SJGreen6-plan to buy the RC3 regardless of a 20's or SRL2 purchase.

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It's a remote control for the Sena. Buttons on the SRL and 20's-50's are small, winter gloves are bulky.

· Registered
2021 K1600 GTL
41 Posts
I have the Neotec II and the integrated SRL2. I thought I wanted a Schubert C4 but my head isn’t the right shape for the Schubert’s. I love the Shoei helmet, and I think the headset is fine with the exception of the buttons as has been noted. I have the RC4 remote and it is ok but not great. Small buttons and it slides around a bit. I had been trying to use the iphone/nav/helmet together so I could control music through the nav/WW, but the Bluetooth just never lines up right with one of the three invariably not connecting. I put a quad-lock charger/mount on the bike and now my phone is where I can see and reach it, so I just have it linked directly to the helmet (phone directly to helmet, nav linked to phone for traffic updates etc) and everything works way more reliably. I am not using the remote now. I wear Pinlock hearing protectors while riding and the music/phone still sounds fine to me, but it is entirely possible I have low standards in this area.

I suspect from comments on the forum that there are other helmet headsets that are probably better than the SRL2, but I liked that it was integrated into the helmet and I wasn’t looking for audiophile audio quality or extensive helmet to helmet comms, so I am happy with it. Upgradability could be an issue as you noted, it will be interesting to see if they update the SRL to a version 3, and if it can just plug into the slot for the V2.

So I guess that was a long winded way of saying that I have both and like them. 😎
Ditto.

· Registered
13 Posts
Bought Neotec II and SRL2 last May and so far they've worked great. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to connect the SRL/iPhone/Nav VI, but I guess that's a whole 'nother story... Sometimes they work well together, other times not so much. 🤦‍♂️ Must be user error or something... :cautious:
Just wondering with your set up does your BMW wonderwheel work with the SRL2 features.
I have a 2016 GTL (Nav5 ,Sirius radio )and am looking at the same set up but am curious if I will lose some of the built in bike features particularly the "Wonderwheel " functions.
Thanks

· Registered
243 Posts
Why not get the new SRL Mesh with Harman Kardon speakers? Product

I thought about upgrading my SRL2, but read somewhere that the sound level is lower on the new Mesh version compared to the SRL2. Not sure if it's true, though.

· Registered
243 Posts
Just wondering with your set up does your BMW wonderwheel work with the SRL2 features.
I have a 2016 GTL (Nav5 ,Sirius radio )and am looking at the same set up but am curious if I will lose some of the built in bike features particularly the "Wonderwheel " functions.
Thanks
As far as I know, the wonderwheel only works with BMW's own kits. At least, it does not work with my SRL2.

· No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,862 Posts
Why not get the new SRL Mesh with Harman Kardon speakers? Product

I thought about upgrading my SRL2, but read somewhere that the sound level is lower on the new Mesh version compared to the SRL2. Not sure if it's true, though.
I just bought a new Neotec ll , and put the SRL Mesh in it. My 1st thought was it wasn’t as loud, but I went into the phone app and found you can raise the sound in app settings.
It’s all Cherry Ripe now

· Registered
2012 K1600GTL Premium (lost in house fire on 12/24/22)
385 Posts
Thanks
As mentioned by @onkeldunkel, wonderwheel control only work with BMW's own kit.

· Premium Member
328 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
4351 mi
I am very disappointed by Shoei.....
Been wearing Neotec I for years and love it, was considering the Neotec II.
But WHY did Shoei use old technology for it is beyond me... and charge premium for it!
I will wait till they come up to the current standards before I give them my business again.
Just my 2c...

· Registered
385 Posts
I am very disappointed by Shoei.....
Been wearing Neotec I for years and love it, was considering the Neotec II.
But WHY did Shoei use old technology for it is beyond me... and charge premium for it!
I will wait till they come up to the current standards before I give them my business again.
Just my 2c...
Just out of curiosity, what old technology Shoei used? IIRC, Neotec II came out 2018 or so.

· Premium Member
328 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
4351 mi
Just out of curiosity, what old technology Shoei used? IIRC, Neotec II came out 2018 or so.
Sena 20 / 30. I am aware that 50 came out in 2020. I wish they would allow to retrofit to Sena 50 since then . Mesh, for one, is way superior on the 50.
I ride with the group a lot, so it is important to me.

· Premium Member
2012 K1600GT
1,017 Posts
Sena 20 / 30. I am aware that 50 came out in 2020. I wish they would allow to retrofit to Sena 50 since then . Mesh, for one, is way superior on the 50.
Proprietary anything usually means older technology and are slower to update. They should get rid of the proprietary comms mount so users can easily attach what they want and then upgrade as they please.

· Registered
385 Posts
OK. I'd think it's more to do with Sena not upgrading than Shoei. SRL-2 works fine for what I need, so I have no complaints. I know it's not for everybody, though. Maybe Sena will do a refresh at some point since it does seem Neotec II is quite popular helmet. Or maybe they're waiting for the next generation Neotec to come out. 🤷‍♂️

21 - 40 of 43 Posts