BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'13 K1600GT, '17 Bonneville T120
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new '13 K1600GT owner. For sport riding I like my helmet to be up in clean air with no buffeting and the upper wind blast off the screen to be about collarbone height. With my original GT windshield all the way down the upper windblast hits me about nose or eye level (I'm 6' tall). Is anybody using an alternate "shorter sport screen" on their GT's? If so, I'd like to hear any recommendations and reviews on shorter screens. Maybe something that looks similar to this or even shorter?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi, Hunter,
I got my 2018GT with the sporting screen. It seems to be what you are looking for, as it is pretty low, even raised. I am a touch over 6', so am sure it will work for you. I changed it for a BMW "comfort" screen, which works for me as I do not like to ride in clean air due to the zillions of bugs which attach themselves to my helmet. With the short screen raised all the way, we had to duck down to get some protection in rain, so it is quite low. My 2013 had the stock screen, which when raised had that cutout which caught my view, so I have tried all three that comes on the GT. Cheers.

·
KBiK
1,791 Posts
My 2015 K1600GT has the Sport screen. I love it. I thought I would buy a taller screen for the colder months of riding but after five years I still love the full wind in my face!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Hunter,
I got my 2018GT with the sporting screen. It seems to be what you are looking for, as it is pretty low, even raised. I am a touch over 6', so am sure it will work for you. I changed it for a BMW "comfort" screen, which works for me as I do not like to ride in clean air due to the zillions of bugs which attach themselves to my helmet. With the short screen raised all the way, we had to duck down to get some protection in rain, so it is quite low. My 2013 had the stock screen, which when raised had that cutout which caught my view, so I have tried all three that comes on the GT. Cheers.
Thanks Harleyzx1400!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2015 K1600GT has the Sport screen. I love it. I thought I would buy a taller screen for the colder months of riding but after five years I still love the full wind in my face!
Hi Andy, is your Sport Screen the same as this OEM BMW screen:

·
KBiK
1,791 Posts
Hi Andy, is your Sport Screen the same as this OEM BMW screen:
View attachment 149424
Mine is the OEM Sport Screen, but looks a bit different to this one. The curve on the top edge is opposite to this screen with a low point in the middle and the high points on the left and right edges.

This is the OEM Low Sport Screen

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is the OEM Sport Screen, but looks a bit different to this one. The curve on the top edge is opposite to this screen with a low point in the middle and the high points on the left and right edges.

This is the OEM Low Sport Screen

Thanks Andy!!!!

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I have the low screen you mentioned (77 33 8 528 329) in like new condition, I'll make you a heck of a deal!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Andy, Another forum member "Hogslyr" recently sold me his extra Sport Screen because his pillion rider didn't like it. I am a solo rider and just installed the new shorter GT Sport Screen and find that it has transformed and perfected my '13 GT. The bike feels sportier, more aerodynamic, and helmet buffeting is gone. I'm 6' and the OE standard screen was just too high for me. Thanks for your positive opinion on the Sport Screen!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts