BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I acted on your many recommendations of LDComfort and ordered a pair of shorts and riding tights. I tried out the shorts for the first time today. My wife and I did our weekly 60 mile loop over the Santa Monica Mountains to Malibu, up PCH past Point Mugu, and circle back home. A great test for any cycle wear.

As an added bonus, my GTL didn't pull left, the digital gear readout worked flawlessly, and we felt zero back pressure from wrap around turbulence. An overall successful ride. :smile:

But I digress. The shorts were great. Not only were they very comfortable, but they held me in the sweet spot on my seat through steep uphill and downhill changes, and the side forces of twisties. I didn't expect to be as impressed as I was. Good recommendation on your part. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Glad they worked well for you. :)

And I can confirm they work just as well on a 600-mile loop... :k16:

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
These are my all day in the saddle britches. No monkey butt or pressure points. Shorter days I can get by with normal wicking britches.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Once in the hotel wash with baby shampoo, wring out, then roll in a towel and wring that a couple times. Hang in front of the AC, and they're dry and clean the next day. I carry two pair on a long trip, but really you only need the one.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
I can't stand them myself. Last time I wore them I couldn't wait to get home and peel them off.

Swimming trunks are about the only thing I've ever worn that held as much moisture against my skin as the LDcomfort skivies.

If they work for you all, that's great. I think the only time I could get away with wearing them riding again is if the ambient temps were under 60deg.. all day long.

On edit.. I just had a flashback of swampnuts, I'll never put them back on again.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get an RDL and you won’t need the LDComfort.
I'm happy with my saddle, thank you. I could go into all the reasons I didn't get an RDL, but this isn't the right topic. As far as LDComfort, I didn't get them to make the saddle better. But they do make a subtle difference in certain situations.

I can't stand them myself. Last time I wore them I couldn't wait to get home and peel them off.

Swimming trunks are about the only thing I've ever worn that held as much moisture against my skin as the LDcomfort skivies.

If they work for you all, that's great. I think the only time I could get away with wearing them riding again is if the ambient temps were under 60deg.. all day long.

On edit.. I just had a flashback of swampnuts, I'll never put them back on again.
Just goes to show how different bodies internally regulate temps. It was about 90 degrees when we left the house. I never felt hot around the crown jewels. :surprise: We were only out for a few hours, but there was no moisture when I peeled them off right after we got back. Just shows that not every product is for everyone.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Darby...you were wearing them inside out! :wink:
Hey, maybe backwards but certainly not inside out:grin:

They are supposed to be a moisture wicking garment but what they didn't do for me is complete that process by keeping my skin dry and evaporating that moisture off. My BMW Summer 3 pants are very roomy, are not lined, they breathe well and I could darn near wring the moisture out of the LD's when I took them off. In my hot and dry climate, that shouldn't happen.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts

They are supposed to be a moisture wicking garment but what they didn't do for me is complete that process by keeping my skin dry and evaporating that moisture off. My BMW Summer 3 pants are very roomy, are not lined, they breathe well and I could darn near wring the moisture out of the LD's when I took them off. In my hot and dry climate, that shouldn't happen.
I had the same experience. Hate that, I peed in my shorts feeling. They just never dried out, not to mention, identifying as a girl at rest stops. :surprise:
Best.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
I had the same experience. Hate that, I peed in my shorts feeling. They just never dried out, not to mention, identifying as a girl at rest stops. :surprise:
Best.
If your referring to the fly, I agree.. it's a complete failure in design.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best.
If your referring to the fly, I agree.. it's a complete failure in design.
I'm beginning to wonder about you guys. I actually think it's a convenient and well thought out design. When nature called, I had no problem finding Willie under the top flap. I'm thinking there are other more important problems here to be addressed. :wink:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Get an RDL and you won’t need the LDComfort.
Or get both, and ride consecutive thousand-mile days in compete comfort and with no limits...

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Boxer Briefs (moisture wicking material) by either Under Armor or Patagonia work well for me. I've tried cheaper brands like Jockey and didn't like too much. Never figured on being an underwear snob, but as you get older these things make a difference.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boxer Briefs (moisture wicking material) by either Under Armor or Patagonia work well for me. I've tried cheaper brands like Jockey and didn't like too much. Never figured on being an underwear snob, but as you get older these things make a difference.
Ain't that the truth!

I think I took quickly to the LDComfort because it's not too dissimilar in feel to the bike shorts I wear when I Mountain Bike, and to the thermals I wear when I Snowboard. Again, not identical, but close enough where nothing felt weird when I put on the LDComfort shorts. It's simply an option if you're looking for something in this category.

BTW, I just got back from a ride wearing the LDComfort shorts. It was a toasty 90+ degree SoCal afternoon, and I was feeling the heat. I felt a little sweaty taking off my helmet, jacket, gloves, and the t-shirt I'm wearing is ready for the wash. The LDComfort shorts are dry and feel cool. For me, they work. I'll try the tights on the next ride out.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
John,
Try a couple pair of these. Saxx Quest 2.0.

REI has the black ones on sale right now for less than 22 bucks a pair. I just ordered 4 more pair. LOL sizing is a bit different than tighty whiteys. With a 38 waist I wear a large. I can easily fit 5 pair in a quart size ziplock bag for a motorcycle trip.

Expensive, yes but that's why I find them on sale. They also last a long time. I won't wear anything else, after these.. it's hard to wear anything else as they keep certain parts from sticking to your legs LOL

https://www.rei.com/product/115123/saxx-quest-20-boxer-briefs-mens-5-inseam

·
Premium Member
394 Posts

Sounds like a personal problem to me... :laugh:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts