BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Enquiring if any members are sellling, or about to sell, a pair of after market side panels (Ilium, Sargent etc but NOT Wunderlich) for a K1660 B / GA?
Ilium are available from the one stockist in the UK but they are ridiculously expensive for 2 pieces of moulded plastic. Can buy new in the US but with high shipping costs and then the dreaded customs / VAT slap the same problem arises! So I am hoping to pick up a second hand set through the forum! 馃馃馃
I would need shipping to the UK please.

Regards to all members
Bob

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Good morning! Nothing purchased as yet. Looked at the Wunderlich version but I dont like the sight of the three fasteners that are visible. I see there are chinese 鈥渒nock offs鈥 on ebay but the same applies. Keep looking at the Ilium and Sargent offerings but the cost is 鈥渃onsiderable鈥 for two pieces of moulded plastic.......
I dare say I will succumb at some point though!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I haven鈥檛 come across anything for the K1600 B or GA. Although a lovely bike, the lack of numbers on the road will limit the range and number of accessories I feel. Hope I am wrong though.......

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
You don't pay VAT in the UK if the item is a gift worth no more than 拢39. You MAY pay customs charges if your item is 鈥渟elected鈥 (I assume...) I have been lucky in the past but other times the additional cost can be 鈥減ainful鈥......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts