BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Even if you have a center stand with a flat rear tire you'd never be able to get it up on it without help.............Ask me how I know...................

·
Registered
22 Posts
Donna, I have seen an adjustable length kickstand at the BMW MOA Rally, Depending upon the angle you are parking the bike at, you can push the extension down with your left foot to the length you need and it locks in to the length until you raise the kickstand. Looked like a good application for my GS that is very tall and has about a one inch foot extension on it. But it was very pricey, I couldn't find it on the net but someone can .....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Greetings Hive Brain :)

Your thoughts please.... I have put an footprint expander on the B’s kickstand, necessitated by the soft tarmac and dirt roads around here. My problem is the bike sits very vertical, so vertical I actually need a slight slope to park it safely.

I hope to ‘shorten’ the kick stand by an inch or so (or replace it with a shorter one). Has anyone done this? Is there a shorter stand I can buy? Is there a better option?

(I have read the post and note that a cut I the middle is not recommended...)

Donna
I have a shortened side stand - works great.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Upside Down
2,172 Posts
That’s worrying... I don’t have a centre stand (I couldn’t put the bike up on one with a full tyre) so this means having to hold the bike up until the tow arrives.

There has to be a sensible solution!

A lower kick stand would help... Perhaps our high IQ engineers can develop an adjustable one?
Donna,if it was my bike and only my idea with not being an engineer but rather than cutting the center section of the side stand would it be better to cut closer to the foot and maybe just 3/4` instead of 1` would work better as long as you have a competent welder to do it there would be no way it would weaken the strength of the side stand.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts