BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have a hard time understanding why admins and techies can't figure this out.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
I have a hard time understanding why admins and techies can't figure this out.

Joe
It may be because they haven't been able to reproduce the problem. I don't ever see it here so it isn't a universal problem. I get my pages loaded in 2-3 seconds, almost all the time. I just tested it by turning off Ghostery and it didn't change all that much. Perhaps a poll to see how many are really having a left pull...I'm mean a slow load.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
appears to be back to normal, but let me wait for a few more days with a final verdict.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I did some trace routes and whois queries and here is what I found. All Verticalscope sites seem to hosted by Google Cloud Services in Mountain View, CA. The sites I checked terminate as follows:

www.k1600forum.com [27.209.186.35] terminated in Beijing China
- trace routes, nothing is slow: <20ms per hop, 9 hops
- ping 18-24ms (fast!)

www.gl1800riders.com [14.35.241.35] terminated in Seongnam South Korea
- trace routes, nothing is slow <20ms per hop, 9 hops
- ping 17-20ms (also fast!)

www.ktmfourms.com [167.13.190.35] terminated in Burbank California
- trace routes, nothing is slow <20ms per hop, 9 hops
- ping 16-22ms (still fast!)

My little 10 minute review seems to suggest that nothing is wrong with my PC, my internal network or the internet network to Google's internet portal. If there are problems, they seem to reside on either the internal Cloud network or with the specific server(s) that the site resides.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Took 12 seconds to load this topic. It does not appear to be an issue with slowly sending data. It appears to be a lag between the page request and the response, almost like internal request-to-reposnse issue on the server. The page loads quickly once it starts to come through, but when you click on a link, it just sits there for ~10 seconds before anything comes back and starts to load. Investigate items that would cause latency issues (simultaneous connections allowed not enough? disk I/O speed? db cache? RAID cache? simultaneous connections to the db where the data is stored?). If you can give us some details, perhaps one of us can help.

What is the platform on which the site is running? Is it LAMP with vBulletin?

Stabbing in the dark here as I do not know what you are running, but if mysql is where the data is stored, check for errors and lags with:

show global status like '%abort%';
show global status like '%fail%';
show global status like '%error%';

Any connection errors, failures, or aborts?

LMK what you are running and I will help if I can.

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Hey there,

As for the technical aspects of all this, this is more for the techs.
They are investigating slowness issues on some test sites.
Mainly started happening after transitioning the site to the cloud.
We're aware and looking into it.
If you have any info, we can pass it along.

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Hey there,

As for the technical aspects of all this, this is more for the techs.
They are investigating slowness issues on some test sites.
Mainly started happening after transitioning the site to the cloud.
We're aware and looking into it.
If you have any info, we can pass it along.

Ed

I would look into your Certificate Authority provider "Let's Encrypt". They claim to be a global Certificate Authority (CA). However they are not listed in any of my browsers. This is a free service provider and I have some issues with some of the statements in their FAQs. I do believe that about the time their SSL Cert was used we started seeing performance issues. Perhaps paying for a SSL Certificate from a well established CA might be a prudent move.

·
Administrator
634 Posts
The timing with the SSL cert is also the timing for when we moved over to the Google Cloud servers.

Work on improving our set up with the servers is ongoing. One patch was attempted a few weeks ago, another one will be in the works soon

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Response time definitely SUCKS today. Even opening the site was over 30 seconds. Posting this took well over a minute. This site only...no problem other sites. Lovely.
Same here. Seems to be very speedy at times, slow at others and then it acts like I am on a dial-up at other times..........

41 - 60 of 209 Posts