BMW K1600 Forum banner

Slow response times

19K views 208 replies 42 participants last post by  dlogan 
#1 ·
Up to 20 s to open a page for some days now using various platforms (Win 10, iOS 11). What gives?

Thank you

#6 ·
the slowest drying paint is oil paint. acrylic and watercolour are pretty fast. :p

anyways, how slow is slow and you guys running any adblock or script block on your browsers? and speaking of browsers, which ones are you using? Chrome? Firefox?

Any database errors?

lee

#3 ·
server backups / site config can cause those symptoms

#5 ·
I only recently started engaging more here. I was also stricken immediately by the speed to load any page.
A bit discouraging when I just want to post or read or search and quickly be out. Oh well, I guess the "good" news is that it's not my device or network. I have to believe those managing the servers and/or the SLA from their backbone/network provider are on the case.

First-world problems to say the least...

#7 ·
Firefox on my WIN10 machine with ad blockers, iOS11 or 12 beta with Firefox or Safari without any ad blockers, response times slow be it over WiFi or mobile networks. Going on for some days now, Reporting from Germany.

Reactions: claw
#10 ·
As a test, I loaded about 5-6 random pages(threads). One took 8 seconds to open completely. The others took between 2 and 3 seconds to completely open from the point of the click.

Now, regardless of how long these pages open, I have a technique that makes the entire issue of page loading moot.

Here is how I normally browse forums like these.

1. I pull up the "New Posts" page for the last day (or 2 or 3 days if I've been away for a while). It may take a few seconds to load, but i only incur that delay here, never again.
2. I Control-Click the chevron symbol to the left of the thread name for every thread I wish to look at. This opens each thread in a new tab.
3. Once I've gone down the entire list of new posts. I close the new posts tab.
4. I read what I want from tab X and then close the tab when I'm done. If I reply to the thread before closing it, I hit submit and move on to the next tab and come back and close it later.

The advantage of this approach is that I never really have to wait for any page to load since the first one I opened will surely be open by the time I start reading it and the last one I opened will also be opened by the time I get to it. Once in a while, something goes wrong and one or more tabs don't load. I just click refresh in that tab and move on to the next tab and come back to it later.

#12 ·
The App has hung on me. The site via desktop is just s-l-o-w....

#13 ·
Slow response time remains a problem. A link from the new post list up to 20s on every platform I have.sending messages similar story.
What gives?

#15 ·
Yeah, sometimes the older is the new better.........maybe I can adjust my expectations like I do with my 2018 K1600.

Reactions: Busted
#18 ·
Yes, same here.

#22 · (Edited)
No, I just have the wheel in the tab turning forever. Took about 10 seconds for the reply window to appear once I clicked on "Quote"

20 seconds for the reply to appear. During this time, it's written "Waiting for www.k1600forum.com" at the bottom

same 20sec to view an image after clicking a thumbnail

#25 ·
yes fundingchoices hangs frequently. There are others, but I can't decipher them on my PC, too small. Is there a way to read them out?

#27 ·
Slooooooooow...beyond usable

#29 ·
it is the same on any platform, iOS 12, Win10 or Win7 over various networks. Do something about it, many people are paying for this service.

#30 ·
Like before, I have no idea what you've got going on but mine typically loads thread pages in about 2 seconds....always does. If it were the server, wouldn't you think it would affect everyone? Maybe it is where you live that is the issue....just a very long distance to the server from Europe.

#31 ·
It used to be very quick and I use other vertical scope servers located in the US which are not affected. Appears to be site specific.

#32 · (Edited)
Only took a couple of seconds to load this reply page, but after I post my reply is where it takes a long time. After I post this reply, I will edit and put in how long it took to load it.

EDIT: 15 seconds to load the page after hitting the submit button to post this reply.
EdIT AGAIN: Only took a second to load this page after hitting 'SAVE' on my first EDIT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.