BMW K1600 Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Ditto that. Had the SM10 wired that way. Connected without fail directly at 12v .
In the mean time I had some intermittent connection issues with the main 3.5mm jack. Turns out that the receptacle that is soldered to the circuit board rattled loose. Sena denies warranty since I opened the case. Anyway I will solder it back on and continue with life.

Oh come on - you can't give us any info?
Sure, but I haven't even hooked it up yet so I can't say if it will even work.

I'm going to try this in place of the Sena SM10 just to see if you can get he same results for less, albeit not waterproof.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHSX28M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Didn't work out.....it sounded good, but once the battery drained it would only power on again after turning the power supply back on AND pressing the power button on the device.

Take the back off of it (4 screws), disconnect the wire from the battery where it plugs into a socket on the circuit board...it will be obvious once you open it.
Worked like a charm, sounds better but not great but better. Are you all running the Sena at full volume or something lower?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Worked like a charm, sounds better but not great but better. Are you all running the Sena at full volume or something lower?

If I run my with the bike at full volume, it overloads the Sena, distorting the sound. I do have the Sena set to boost the volume. I can achieve a high volume level just short of the distortion point than I could without the boost and going to full volume.

I'm getting some distortion. I need to keep the bike volume at about 50% and the Sena around 75% to be clear but still I can hear distortion.

Normal? Maybe I have the wiring wrong or my Sena has issues?

I assume the install directions from Motochello are correct?

I'm getting some distortion. I need to keep the bike volume at about 50% and the Sena around 75% to be clear but still I can hear distortion.

Normal? Maybe I have the wiring wrong or my Sena has issues?

I assume the install directions from Motochello are correct?

The Motochello instructions are not 100% correct. However, the only thing wrong is that the left and right channels are reversed.

I think it is just the Sena SM10. I hear it too for a couple of seconds after the music drops to a quiet level before it fades away. I test it with the bike feeding Sena SM10 and a phone feeding the SM10 and a set of headphones connected directly to the MC and to the phone. It is there only when the Sena SM10 is in the path. It isn't a bother with music playing really, it is buried under the music.

I found it is easy to overload the input of the Sena SM10 by turning the bike up past about 50%. It works better to keep the bike volume lower, losing about 50% of the range using the wonder wheel, then setting the SM10 into "boost" most.

The Motochello instructions are not 100% correct. However, the only thing wrong is that the left and right channels are reversed.

I think it is just the Sena SM10. I hear it too for a couple of seconds after the music drops to a quiet level before it fades away. I test it with the bike feeding Sena SM10 and a phone feeding the SM10 and a set of headphones connected directly to the MC and to the phone. It is there only when the Sena SM10 is in the path. It isn't a bother with music playing really, it is buried under the music.

I found it is easy to overload the input of the Sena SM10 by turning the bike up past about 50%. It works better to keep the bike volume lower, losing about 50% of the range using the wonder wheel, then setting the SM10 into "boost" most.
I'm guessing then part of my issue is having the speaker connections backwards then. Guess I should flip them around?

I also don't have my Sena set for boost, I will change that too.

I'd think the left and right channels would be interchangeable, no?

It seems almost arbitrary to call one "left" and the other "right".

I'd think the left and right channels would be interchangeable, no?

It seems almost arbitrary to call one "left" and the other "right".
Oh wait I misread this as the +/- being reversed. If it is just left right it doesn't matter. I'll try the audio boost then.

It is just the left and right that are reversed.

Having those wrong wouldn't be noticeable to most people or for most music. Some familiar songs might just sound a little off, but not in a way that many would be able to identify. But, sometimes, the music does have directional cues that can be noticed. It is particularly the case for symphonic music where certain instruments are typically located on certain sides.

This is an older thread, I hope someone else responds. I made the same construction with a PAC SN-35 converter. Everything works perfectly, but only when the speakers are switched on. Should it be better to disconnect the speakers now? Thanks in advance. (I know Motochello has a switch for that, but they wouldn’t deliver to The Netherlands)

This is an older thread, I hope someone else responds. I made the same construction with a PAC SN-35 converter. Everything works perfectly, but only when the speakers are switched on. Should it be better to disconnect the speakers now? Thanks in advance. (I know Motochello has a switch for that, but they wouldn’t deliver to The Netherlands)
Yes, I'd disconnect the speakers. I unplug them at the speaker so you don't actually have to cut into the wires....assuming you added the PAC SN-35 with posi-taps so you didn't have to cut the wires.

If you don't, I suspect you'll hear both the speakers and the BT delivered sound but the speaker version will be just a bit earlier than the BT version since it takes some time to convert the audio signal to digital and transmit it then reconvert it back to analog. That would probably be a bit disconcerting. If you have the speaker volume low enough to not hear them, that means you'll have to crank up the gain on the converter so much that you'll probably amply more noise than you want and the sound quality will be less than clear.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.