BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
Mounting a rear tire with rim-clamp machine can be testy. About 45 degrees clockwise past the mounting head you have to keep the top of the tire in the drop center. As the tire rotates you have to keep repositioning your hand/down pressure. Two people make it a easier.

Duane

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
If only I was smart enough to post pictures I would.
Bruce,
Either click on edit (first click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of a post) or click reply to a post. Then at the bottom of the reply box click on the paper clip icon. Find the picture you want to post in your computer library click on it and then the OPEN button at the bottom right corner or just double click the picture and away it goes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bruce,
Either click on edit (first click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of a post) or click reply to a post. Then at the bottom of the reply box click on the paper clip icon. Find the picture you want to post in your computer library click on it and then the OPEN button at the bottom right corner or just double click the picture and away it goes.
Thank you Jim, I sure do appreciate your help. I will try your suggestions late in the week when I get back home.

·
Registered
306 Posts
...and there isn’t very much drop center to guide the tire in to. These wheels (esp the rear) are bears to mount.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bruce,
Hi Jim, you've done it again sir, and I thank you for your help. Some pictures of my 'wheels' as promised and one of my trusty 'assistances (tools/tire changer/lift, etc.) inside my messy garage-the good news is our new townhome is under construction as of three weeks ago and my new go-rage will be way nicer, cleaner and organized. Happy trails to you and others Jim!
IMG_1022.JPG
IMG_1023.jpg
IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_1026.JPG
IMG_1028.jpg

21 - 25 of 25 Posts