BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@Darbinco

Am I reading that right? Almost 1/2 mile? I know a few terrorists that would be interested in that canon.o_O
That is correct. This is the video from the first time I shot it with 2oz load. It was also the 3rd time I fired it and the first time I cracked the carriage LOL

FYI.. This thing weighs 380 pounds and it jumps a bit when you put a stout load in it. Love the dust it kicks up too!

If you listen after the shot theres a whistle noise. Thats the finger holes in the ball making that sound. This shot went about almost 600 yards (laser range finder) another one we did with a 15# ball went 700. It took us 20 minutes to find it , due to its blue color we lost it in flight and it went further than we expected.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
If you ever get to Virginia in the summer, check out some of their Civil War reenactments at the military state parks. I went to one in Petersburg (Can't remember which park off the top of my head) a few years ago and they had a full team of horses pulling 3 canons at full speed pull up less than 50 yards away from where we were standing. They dismounted, setup and fired all the canons in less than a minute. It gave us all goosebumps. The firepower of those canons is amazing.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Lookin' great Darb! Really coming along quickly!

·
Premium Member
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Friday was far too windy to be putting trusses up. So the guys are were out this morning to get them up and sheet over the roof. They made good progress today, got the trusses up, sheeted and the underlayment on. Tomorrow they will roof it, move the window, finish the eve’s and their part will be complete. Stucco contractor will be here in the next couple days to look over the project and tell me when he can start. Looks like I will be pulling wire this weekend!

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Darb - Looks GREAT! That's a great size - big enough for most everything you'd need and establishing a good workflow, but not too big that you're walking all over the place.

When we moved into the new house this past fall, I had to figure out a whole new layout in the new shop. I had tried to plan ahead with electrical of the right voltages in the right places. So far so good!
:cheers:
Greg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts