BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since @earthling shared that excellent video of an unknown band with excellent music, lets share what we're listening to while being cooped up.

Here's a good example of my music

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Since @earthling shared that excellent video of an unknown band with excellent music, lets share what we're listening to while being cooped up.

Here's a good example of my music

Still one of my favorite songs on vinyl.

My musical tastes are all over the board, in one day, in one session I might vary from jazz to bluegrass to rock to classical. I tend to put the library on shuffle and then follow a thread.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a pretty wide playlist as well. My grandfather played trumpet in many jazz bands, he played big band music. His band played in many Presidential inaugurations as well as part of Doc Severinsen's band on the Johnny Carson show. His band was called The World Greatest Jazz Band and I still listen to his stuff.
Here's a sample...

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
I have a pretty wide playlist as well. My grandfather played trumpet in many jazz bands, he played big band music. His band played in many Presidential inaugurations as well as part of Doc Severinsen's band on the Johnny Carson show. His band was called The World Greatest Jazz Band and I still listen to his stuff.
Here's a sample...

Great stuff! Hard to find some of this kind of material these days. I am the only non-musician in the family. I do play a mean 104 key vintage mechanical keyboard however.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
This one seems apropos...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Over the weekend I watched the movie Yesterday. I've been listening to a lot of The Beatles since then. Great stuff.

Zach

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Well, I’m glad I’m not the only one with eclectic musical tastes here. Most recently, though, I’ve been exploring more and more of the folks doing covers of newer songs in old genres and with different vibes. Hundreds are out there like these:

GNR meets Bavarian polka band, lederhosen included:

You never knew a dirge with a woman singing about being sweaty while working in straw could be so sexy:

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Well, I’m glad I’m not the only one with eclectic musical tastes here. Most recently, though, I’ve been exploring more and more of the folks doing covers of newer songs in old genres and with different vibes. Hundreds are out there like these:

GNR meets Bavarian polka band, lederhosen included:

You never knew a dirge with a woman singing about being sweaty while working in straw could be so sexy:

Love it! I always knew Axel was a middle aged bavarian woman!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Anybody ever hear Hoyt Axton??? Here's one of my favorites. Very simple, compared to most the others.

Or how about a Tommy Emmanuel, my favorite guitar picker. Tommy can play a lead any other picker can play AND play the bass/percussion part at the same time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts