BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much heart-searching I have decided to trade in my GTL. I have loved riding it even if the saddle was a pain after a few hours.

I have loved it's street presence, looks, power, sound, handling and much more. Smiles per mile it's been brilliant and it's the longest I've ever owned a motorcycle.

However, as we are are unlikely to do any more continental touring and we have a MoHo we are buying a Yamaha Xmax 300 to tow behind the MoHo which will get much more use. I still have my Tiger 800 and 1977 Suzuki GT380.

It's going to be a sad day for me on Thursday but needs must.

Never say never - so a trip to the dealer in the future is not off the table!!

I'll pop in every now and again but meantime, many thanks for all the advice you have given me and good & safe riding to you all.

Best regards

David

·
Registered
219 Posts
After much heart-searching I have decided to trade in my GTL. I have loved riding it even if the saddle was a pain after a few hours.

I have loved it's street presence, looks, power, sound, handling and much more. Smiles per mile it's been brilliant and it's the longest I've ever owned a motorcycle.

However, as we are are unlikely to do any more continental touring and we have a MoHo we are buying a Yamaha Xmax 300 to tow behind the MoHo which will get much more use. I still have my Tiger 800 and 1977 Suzuki GT380.

It's going to be a sad day for me on Thursday but needs must.

Never say never - so a trip to the dealer in the future is not off the table!!

I'll pop in every now and again but meantime, many thanks for all the advice you have given me and good & safe riding to you all.

Best regards

David
Farewell
I bet after you have seen a few K1600s ride past your Moho you will want to get another K1600
Hasta la vista baby

Reactions: dobervol and ryno23

·
Registered
602 Posts
Just a thought. My wife and I do Fly/Ride holidays. I book a tour and scoot around Europe then towards the end of the tour I leave it and meet up with my wife who fly's into some European airport. We then park the bike, hire a car and have a holiday in Nice, Lake Garda etc. She then fly's home and I ride home.

As I said, just a thought.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sorry to hear that, I doubt anything will feel quite the same after a 1600!

Have you got any bits you want to get ride of? Screens, crashbars etc?!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry to hear that, I doubt anything will feel quite the same after a 1600!

Have you got any bits you want to get ride of? Screens, crashbars etc?!
Thanks. I reckon I'll be back at some time.

TBH I'm letting it go with crash bars and higher screen as to take the bars off is a faff and there are spots mounted on them.

The stock screen has a scratch in it but I just might swap back to the std screen and sell off the Wunderlich Ergo. Good idea.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edit. Stock screen now back on. It's only a minor scratch.

Ergo 2 for sale!! Thanks Decompressing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts