BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Changed mine a couple days ago for 12,000 mile service. A few leaves in intake duct otherwise filter very clean. Could go a lot longer for my type riding
Good time to inspect and clean around fuel tank. Finally got to verify tank is 26.5 liters or 7 gallons
Give yourself about a hour to do a replacement and cleaning, a compressor helps in cleaning around tank( do so before removing old filter though)
Great pic's and write up Joe

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Very nice job Joe, Thanks!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Very clear instruction, thanks. Just followed this to install an Accelerator Module.

There is a slight change (improvement?) I have noticed on my '14 Sport model. In step 1 there is now only one screw, the second one has been replaced by a rubber bump stop.

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
There is a slight change (improvement?) I have noticed on my '14 Sport model. In step 1 there is now only one screw, the second one has been replaced by a rubber bump stop.
Nice job! My 2012 (delivered in May, 2011) only has one screw also.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the confusion, step one shows 1 screw per side. I also have the bump stop. In each picture, an arrow will point to a single screw or fastener.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This was super helpful...thank you. I am not very good with technical things so this step by step guide ( Dummy's guide to) was great :0). Just follow the steps and you cannot go wrong.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Thanks Joe. Having just purchased a 2013 GTL and a previous HD owner I like to check my air filter on oil changes, now I know how.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks so much for the instructions. I just changed mine at 28000km but it was a waste.
. The filter was clean. Amazing how much Tupperware needs to be removed but with the step-by-step instructions it was easy.

Thanks again.
NoSnow

·
Registered
103 Posts
Like many others, may I say many thanks. The instructions are excellent and most helpful for somebody wanting to remove the upper Tupperware.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Thanks!!

While working on my Clearwater lights I went ahead and installed a new K & N filter. This filter has made a difference in performance. Not allot but, a little. Best,

DOC:gm:gm

·
Registered
403 Posts
The disassembly instructions were great...but I've got this thing all pulled apart and I'm standing here with my filter in my hand wondering how to put this all back together...I'll just stay here until you update with reassembly instructions.........kidding. Great instructions. I just had this done with my 12k service (along with oil, rear diff, software update,and some other items. Total bill was $390...I'll be doing my own services from here on out. Thanks for another great post on this forum.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you lay your bike down in the parking space to check the air filter :)
If you're referring to my wreck I just posted, I never thought of checking the filter when I had it down.

Perhaps next time!

Somehow when I uploaded those pics, I move the folder containing the air filter stuff; hence the repost.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts