BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Did you forget anything ? Kitchen sink maybe ? Just joking.
You up in northern NM on 64 or down around Ruidoso ?

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
Well is it Steve's fishing pole, or did he give it to you? I remember seeing it in one of the photos of you guys seated. I thought perhaps you brought it from a great Canadian fishing out-fitter as a gesture for improved international relations. Perhaps it was the reverse. Remember to declare it at the border. Be well and ride safe...or as safely as you can.

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
Brother Jim bought it for me, while we were at the BMW MOA rally, as a gag birthday gift. I had to leave the rally early and I found the rod, in it's Paw Patrol packaging didn't pack well so I left it at our K1600 group camping area. From there it gets a little fuzzy to me but I'm thinking Paul took one look at it and knew he just had to have it. His group is heading to Alaska and I'm thinking Paul thinks that's the perfect rig to catch a 20lb stealhead trout. Tight lines Paul:p

·
Registered
852 Posts
That's going to be one well-traveled fishing pole!

Reactions: Wunhotttuna

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
@Prince Nice CT. Pirelli? You didn't ride that to the TOTD event, did you? My mind didn't make note of it if you did. Wishing you a continued safe journey.

Reactions: Prince

·
Scammer Hammer
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Prince Nice CT. Pirelli? You didn't ride that to the TOTD event, did you? My mind didn't make note of it if you did. Wishing you a continued safe journey.
I used my RS IV at TTD. I use the Pirelli when I do long runs like now.

Steve;s fishing pole is spending the night in Ely, Nevada.
Tire Cloud Sky Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Well...it is the loneliest Hwy in the US so, yes
@Prince, agree!! Lol. Was on that stretch of 50 about a year ago, solo.
**** lonely! Took wide open streches to an entirely new level. Heat was an extra bonus……safe travels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
468 Posts
Looks like you all had some good weather out there Paul. Ride safe. I’ll be interested in following along with your posts along your trip. I enjoyed meeting you guys at the rally. Hopefully I’ll be making my trip to AK next year.

I also hope you finally found some WiFi along the way 😁

·
Scammer Hammer
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the fishing pole is in the mountains of California tonight. I had to repair it this morning. Still ok though.
My dinner tonight was more expensive than my tent site. Can you believe $8.75 for a beer? At least it was a good meal for $50.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts