BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Forget tar snakes. Nothing you can do about them.

As far as slipping. No way. The traction control manages that.

I went for a ride 2 days ago. I came out of a parking lot and nailed it. Have RS III's. I could feel the TC managing my get away. It is not slipping it is the computer dialing back. Grit on the road.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
We've still got a ton of small loose gravel/stones on the roads here in Colorado...annual part of coming out of Spring and into Summer. I'm careful coming around corners and such, but found myself doing a pretty good fishtail from the stop sign yesterday...

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
Forget tar snakes. Nothing you can do about them.

As far as slipping. No way. The traction control manages that.

I went for a ride 2 days ago. I came out of a parking lot and nailed it. Have RS III's. I could feel the TC managing my get away. It is not slipping it is the computer dialing back. Grit on the road.
You hot rodder you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn't like the stock bridgestones and put on michelin road 5 gt a few weeks and 500 miles ago when they did my tranmission recall work. They are a major upgrade, and I am very happy with them after the first 500 miles.

The 500 miles includes mutiple trips down 17 to Santa Cruz (up and over the mountains with plenty of opportunity to lean the bike over), back up US1 between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay and also La Honda (which is a tight road a lot of sports bikes usually run on).
Me too. My bike came with these t30s and I can’t really like them.. They seem IMO somehow cold all the time and i can’t turn with confidence. Just 900kms and still disappointed. Maybe I ll give the, some more Kms and decide

21 - 25 of 25 Posts