BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about another stop sale for the K1600? My local guy said it’s for the passenger foot pegs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
No I have not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I confirmed this with three different dealers. So if you are trying to buy a new KBike in the US you are out of luck for the next 4 weeks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Any idea what the issue is?
I know you have a brand new one. I am frustrated because I was about to purchase one this week.

The reason is the angle of the peg but one guy told me it had to do with the circlip that holds the peg. One dealer was calling the regional rep to complain. He actually looked at the bike while we were on the phone and he said he had no concept of what the issue could be.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know you have a brand new one. I am frustrated because I was about to purchase one this week.

The reason is the angle of the peg but one guy told me it had to do with the circlip that hold the peg. One dealer was calling the regional rep to complain. He actually looked at the bike while we were on the phone and he said he had no concept of what the issue could be.

I punched in my VIN and it’s not showing any recalls...

JJ

·
Registered
960 Posts
I heard a rumour that it relates to a footrest circlip that was reused rather than replaced on bikes affected by the infamous gearbox recall.

I stress rumour only; I cannot find anything factual as yet.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
My '18 had the gearbox recall work performed. It is not currently under the recall.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard a rumour that it relates to a footrest circlip that was reused rather than replaced on bikes affected by the infamous gearbox recall.

I stress rumour only; I cannot find anything factual as yet.
This is only for 2021 bikes. It’s 475 bikes in the US which I would assume is all of them available right now.

Does anyone know how many KBikes are sold in the US?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was at a dealer today test riding the GT and GTL. The GTL and the Grand America were both on stop sale due to the peg issue. I could put money down and hold the bike, but could not take it home. The GT was not affected.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tku, did they have any idea of a time frame or solution? For all I care they could take the passenger pegs off as I will be adding boards but maybe that would still be an issue. Who knows, NHTSA shows nothing and there's no recall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too have money down on a bike, got the call about stop sale 2 days before I was suppose to pick up my new GA. I asked about swapping out to footboards as well, no dice as it has to do with the mounts not the pegs themselves.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I asked if the incentives would carry forward as they expire 3/31 and the answer was.." I will have to check", If the incentives are pulled then so will my purchase. I know incentives are based on inventory as well as other factors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The salesman didn't really know how long it would be before a solution was in place, but was hoping it would be resolved within three to four weeks. Probably a canned answer the way it sounded, did not sound like it was based on facts.....

1 - 20 of 69 Posts