BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Anyone know of a setting that may stop the mode change? Like maybe cruise control turned on or DTC turned off? I don't know of anything myself but I have never played with it either. I have always just selected, rolled out of the throttle a second, and boom, new mode. Come to think of it, DTC status may be worth checking even though its supposed to revert to default every time you turn the key off and back on again...
If you don't do the things necessary for the mode change it will just revert back to whatever you left it at if that's what you were referring to. There is no option that I'm aware of in the configuration to disable mode changes.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
And further confusion, for me at least, is that the "dynamic" mode shown on the left of the dash is activated by the button on the right, and the "dynamic" mode shown on the right of the dash is activated by the wonder wheel on the left. So visually, it's reversed from what my mind intuitive seeks. Sure, the button for the throttle mode is near the throttle, but the indicators can be somewhat confusing.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
And further confusion, for me at least, is that the "dynamic" mode shown on the left of the dash is activated by the button on the right, and the "dynamic" mode shown on the right of the dash is activated by the wonder wheel on the left. So visually, it's reversed from what my mind intuitive seeks. Sure, the button for the throttle mode is near the throttle, but the indicators can be somewhat confusing.
Just think about the mess when you have to convert a bike to left side traffic.......and them Aussies down under have even more difficult.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts