BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll let you guys know how this turns out. We hit something in the road that slashed it. I heard it pop! Dash lights flashing! It was fun wrestling it down from 70mph without dropping it.
D0B3DBB7-5B38-45F8-A718-3F2AB9FBD772.jpeg

·
International Man of Mystery
3,481 Posts
Looks like a perfect roadside repair and it appears you have a compressor with you. Switch to limp mode. Good luck and be safe

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
YIKES! That's a boatload of plugs. Does the tire seem to be holding pressure? I don't think I'd be very comfortable going far, at all, even if it is. Best of luck and let us know how it pans out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s not holding air. We’ve got a flatbed coming out of Marlinton, WV for us.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
It’s not holding air. We’ve got a flatbed coming out of Marlinton, WV for us.
Well, that sucks but look at the bright side, you were able to safely get the bike to the side of the road without incident. The bike's intact and so are you. That's a win.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Glad you didn't dump it. I had the same thing happen to me on the way to a HD dealer of all places. Took 6 Dyna plugs to seal it and I got it home OK. Sure is amazing that the puncture as it was on mine was in the sipe where there's next to no rubber. Had it been in the tread you'd probably sealed it up just fine.

·
Upside Down
1,632 Posts
Wow, at least you are ok and hope there was no damage. I have to say you have more plugs in that tyre than we have in our government lol . The main thing is you are ok and managed to get home to have a new tyre done asap. Good luck and stay safe.

Reactions: RDeweger

·
Registered
512 Posts
Not holding air no kidding.
That has to be a new record of plugs.
Great job on the save glad your OK.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did I mention that I had my girlfriend on the back? 😀 New tire mounted and balanced in Statesville, NC. Headed back to Marlinton, WV tomorrow morning in the rental car.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Keen to hear a real life review of the Shinko tire - very mixed reviews here, but most based on hearsay.

Japanese tech. made in South Korea who are known for quality production standards.

·
Soupa Mod
2,646 Posts
Did you find out what caused that?

You did well to surive a sudden lose of air pressure from that speed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I walked back down the road and saw that someone had run a wood chipper early in the week and there were just a couple shards on the road. Anyway, home safe and sound! The Shinko Verge 2X were impressive! I never get more than 4000 miles out of a tire anyway, so what the heck. Dilly – dilly!!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
@KHawk, those new shoes have some serious sipes on them. Please, give us an update on how they perform, once you get some miles on them.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
I'm not sure what that picture has to do with this discussion. All I see is a girl in a Shinko wife beater.
You do not see her sipe?

Reactions: Vandaldog
1 - 20 of 23 Posts