BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
I just figured that out.

When looking at the latest comments theres a box just above those to the left called "filters"

Open the filters tab and uncheck all the boxes. When you refresh the page, all of the latest topics including the ones you have replied to will be listed. Just like the most recent tab on the old software.

·
Registered
473 Posts
What’s with showing 2012 GT & GTL models at the top of the page? That was 8 years ago. Could we throw in a 2016,2018 or so one in.........maybe throw in girl bike for Donna & Gunnert :LOL:. Just kidding. Hope all works out ok.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Similarly, how do we get to the new posts in a thread?

Previously, on the thread listing, there was an icon to take to you the next post made after last visit to the thread. I don't see such a thing on this version. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts

Previously, on the thread listing, there was an icon to take to you the next post made after last visit to the thread. I don't see such a thing on this version. What am I missing?
When you open a thread theres a button on the right side called Jump to Latest. I believe that will take you to your latest unread post in that thread. Thats how its working for me currently.

That was one of my gripes with the last software as well. When you clicked a thread, It should automatically take you to your latest unread post in that thread, not the last post in that thread or the first post in that thread

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
I would like to know how to get rid of all the crap on the right side of the page. I dont much care about those details.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
When you open a thread theres a button on the right side called Jump to Latest. I believe that will take you to your latest unread post in that thread. Thats how its working for me currently.

That was one of my gripes with the last software as well. When you clicked a thread, It should automatically take you to your latest unread post in that thread, not the last post in that thread or the first post in that thread
I don't want "latest" (if that is what it does), you want earliest unread. The old forum had that if you knew what to click. And, I really don't want to have to click into each thread and then click another button. The old forum had a way to both open the thread and jump to the first unread in a single click.

·
Premium Member
5,943 Posts
Is there a small icon in a thread title that when clicked on takes you to where you left off reading the last time? It seems right now you have to start at page one when opening a thread instead of the last page you were on when you left the thread.

·
Administrator
648 Posts
Of the landing page. It is why we are here; unless it is to discuss politics I mean.
Hey there, We're looking to update the landing page actually. Any suggestions?

What’s with showing 2012 GT & GTL models at the top of the page? That was 8 years ago. Could we throw in a 2016,2018 or so one in.........maybe throw in girl bike for Donna & Gunnert :LOL:. Just kidding. Hope all works out ok.
When everything moved over it "reset" the timer on views/clicks/comments/reactions/ect... so the current "trending" items represent that total, in time these trends will be more accurate.

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
I would like to know how to get rid of all the crap on the right side of the page. I dont much care about those details.
This may be an option for premium members soon. We're currently working out how these upgrades will fit in the update. :)

Is there a small icon in a thread title that when clicked on takes you to where you left off reading the last time? It seems right now you have to start at page one when opening a thread instead of the last page you were on when you left the thread.
Does the image above help? or are you looking more for a visual indicator for when you've read a post? In that case you should notice your unread posts look a tad Bolder when they are unread right now.

Join me here if you have any more questions:

Thanks,
Gerrit

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
I don't want "latest" (if that is what it does), you want earliest unread. The old forum had that if you knew what to click. And, I really don't want to have to click into each thread and then click another button. The old forum had a way to both open the thread and jump to the first unread in a single click.
Yea.. first unread post in that thread is what I meant.

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
@RefCat
Hey Cam,
I just noticed something and it might help. I replied to some of the topics on the old forum and when I go back to them now it takes me to the first page. When I go back to the topics I've replied to on this new software it takes to first unread. So everything seems to be working like we want it on previously read with this software. Due to the upgrade its not or cant keep track of what topics we read or replied to we before the upgrade.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts