BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find a way to effectively shade the Garmin Nav V, inserted in the dash on my '16 GTL. The non-glare, screen cover is worthless, and I even bought the plastic, Nav V sun hood, from Wunderlich, but there doesn't seem to be a way to mount it to the dash, without causing damage. The hood is only designed to mounted to the unit itself, not the unit, inside the dashboard.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
There are anti-glare screen protectors that improve it. I can't remember which one I had but it was worth getting. Should be about $15-20.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used it, it doesn't work. Every time I ride, I always seem to have the sun over my shoulder, completely blocking out the screen. But thanks....

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think my RKA shelf provides some shade, if you wanted a shelf anyway it may provide some additional benefit. You may be able to use some poster board and Velcro to make a shroud around the gos opening, cut to fit and experiment. I am surprised that someone doesn't make this, mounted from the inside.

·
Soupa Mod
2,421 Posts
The only way to effectively cure it is to get the Nav VI.

Glare has always been an issue with the earlier Nav's but it mostly eliminated with the VI.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My RCU shelf does an excellent job of shading the GPS screen.
Plus has the added benefit as a place for your knick-knacks.

Joe

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
The only way to effectively cure it is to get the Nav VI.

Glare has always been an issue with the earlier Nav's but it mostly eliminated with the VI.
I have only had the Nav VI, but it has been completely viewable in any lighting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts