BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the market for some new ones and it seems that all that I try are uncomfortable under my helmet. My goal is the least amount of frame. My Schuberth C3 helmet has a sliding tinted visor and most of the time it is sufficient. Occasionally thought, I do need to add some additional tint.

For those of you who add sunglasses to your helmet, what is your most comfortable pair ?

ADDED I should have been more explicit on my helmet. It's the C3 modular and it had the slid up sun visor. It's just that at times, it isn't enough.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Maui Jim Kapalua model. VERY thin titanium frame, it is so small and thin it doesn't have hinges. Great lenses too.
Rick

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
There’s a reason pro everybody’s wear Oakleys. I shoot varmint rifles and Maui Jim’s optics just didn’t cut it for that purpose for me.

When I wore corrective lense sunglasses, I ordered them from Zenni Optical . With thin titanium frames and sometimes I would clip the over the ear portion off so they slid in easier. I went for reader type except they sat higher with no sunglass when glancing down at the gauges and Nav.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I'm using the Oakley "Ducati" Wind Jacket in my C-3 Pro.

They have a removable gasket that seals against your eyes to keep out the wind. Works great and very effective. Remove the gasket and go golfing. High quality frame and excellent optics.

Joe

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Wiley-X Censors. Very comfortable...they slide on/off well in my Shoei or Scorpion helmet, but do have a substantial frame that wraps, which is what I was looking for in motorcycle eyewear. On my second pair already after 5 years. I bought mine off Amazon where you can find this and other models, although they are not an authorized retailer. You can also find them at Cabelas/Bass Pro Shops. I take the frame and fill my corrective lens prescription locally.

Main website at this link: https://www.wileyx.com/ProductDetail/sscen08_censor-pol-grey-lens--matte-black-frame

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Sort of off the subject but I used to ride with sunglasses but now I have a modular helmet with a built-in flip down sun visor. I didn't like having to take the sunglasses off and on all the time depending on the roads I was riding or the state of the sun at the moment. I usually wound up either leaving them on all the time or leaving them off all the time and neither of those scenarios was working very well. I realize that modulars may not be the safest helmets but getting blinded by glare and riding in dark tunnels and mountain roads with sunglasses on is not very safe either. Maybe there are options for flip up sunglasses but then you would have to raise the face shield to do this.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Almost disposable !

Great optical quality, when they are scratched half into the season off they go into the recycling container.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like it dark, I have a C3 pro, keep 2 of those shield protectors I got @ Cycle Gear, always carry the stock clear outer shield for night, plus a dark shield that I use in conjunction with the dark flip down inner shield on bright days, have a top stick on very dark strip stuck to the top of the inner shield that is a must for me when riding into a bright sunset, some I've read use black plastic tape, i got mine from Competition Accessories I think, It's somewhat transparent, sort of like a welding helmet lens. When it is hot & I need more airflow I keep both outer shields in their cycle gear socks, riding with an outer shield flipped up blocks the top vent on the helmet, I think riding with sunglasses inside my helmet would give me a headache, but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I just got a pair of Icicles transitions in plain black aluminum last week and love them. Being transitions I can wear them day and night instead of having to carry 2 pair (I wear progressive RX's) and love that I can drop the inner sun visor and in just a few seconds the glasses will adjust so won't be too dark. The aluminum frame is strong while being very thin so they don't dig into the side of my head, most comfortable glasses I have ever worn. The wrap around lenses go so far back that they are also the first pair of RX lenses I have ever had that does not block any of my peripheral vision.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Using Oakley Two Face about 4 years old. The frames are machined from air craft aluminum I was told. Temples straight back slip rite on. Very smooth, wind does not bother eyes I tend to ride with shield up around town.Great glasses !! When it gets cold frames get cold , had a watch that did the same thing.Wearing a Bell Star carbon fiber helmet.
My buddy is a optician and just finished making a pair with transition lenses for day to night I picked a frame that was same shape and size still testing have to let you know.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts