BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my new 2018 GTL, and the stock seat is too low for my 6’4 frame and 35” inseam. Looking for a stock/ tall GT seato or ??? Let me know what you’ve got.

Open to trades for the stock GTL seat if what you’ve got is too tall for you. Let’s work something out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just bought my new 2018 GTL, and the stock seat is too low for my 6’4 frame and 35” inseam. Looking for a stock/ tall GT seato or ??? Let me know what you’ve got.

Open to trades for the stock GTL seat if what you’ve got is too tall for you. Let’s work something out.
I am 6’3” and have a custom tall GTL seat from Tony’s in the UK. I could send photos if you are still interested.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is it really a different seat? I believe I have the "tall" seat (2014GTL), but it seems like it's the forward mounting bracket that is raised(?) (The original is sitting in the box my Corbin replacement came in, figuring I'd sell the Corbin separately if I ever sold the bike.)

·
Registered
484 Posts
As a vertically gifted (lol) rider I gave up on anything stock to be high enough and went with a custom seat. A number of seat makers will adjut OEM seat or just use your seat pan to not only raise it but alter how far back you can be if passenger pan is also thrown in the mix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts