BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
321 - 340 of 356 Posts

·
Upside Down
3,679 Posts
Holy sh;t, you blokes are old 😂😂😂
The British Government transported about 76,000 convicts to Tasmania between 1804 and 1853 , Governor Damian is only transporting a handful on the boat journey which is and will be an overnight one so The Governor will make his official speech on arrival at Devonport before leading his loyal bunch around the land of great history and some of the best scenery in the world. If you have not met Governor Damian he will be the one NOT STANDING on a box, but everyone else will need just to make eye contact, providing it will be allowed without being whipped on the whipping post he has already transported there.

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,282 Posts
The British Government transported about 76,000 convicts to Tasmania between 1804 and 1853 , Governor Damian is only transporting a handful on the boat journey which is and will be an overnight one so The Governor will make his official speech on arrival at Devonport before leading his loyal bunch around the land of great history and some of the best scenery in the world. If you have not met Governor Damian he will be the one NOT STANDING on a box, but everyone else will need just to make eye contact, providing it will be allowed without being whipped on the whipping post he has already transported there.
What the heck are you on about Geoffrey? 😂😂😂😂

·
Upside Down
3,679 Posts
Must be the opposite of Queenstown in NZ, it is one of the most beautiful places I have been
Darin,
The drive into Queenstown from the South is nothing short of spectacular - if not a little stomach churning as you wind your way down the 99-bends of the Gormanston Hill.
Mount Sedgewick and Mount Owen are the two largest mountains that surround the town. At sunset, their summits blaze with orange and pink and by day they resemble a cratered moonscape - created by a brutal mining past.
Queenstown is the home of the ABT Railway - opened in 1897 to transport copper to Strahan - the only way to get the ore to market. This railway was the only access through to Queenstown until 1932 when the road to Hobart was opened. When I drove tour coaches down in Tassie we used to stay there overnight, I have to admit it was not the most exciting place to stay overnight but amazing how the trees and local vegetation were destroyed by the miners of the day. If I got the chance to choose I always loved staying in Strahan over looking the township. I know all the tourists love the island and its many wonderful walks so if you have never been there and got the change to do a few walks try to do at least a few they are amazing.

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,282 Posts
Darin,
The drive into Queenstown from the South is nothing short of spectacular - if not a little stomach churning as you wind your way down the 99-bends of the Gormanston Hill.
Mount Sedgewick and Mount Owen are the two largest mountains that surround the town. At sunset, their summits blaze with orange and pink and by day they resemble a cratered moonscape - created by a brutal mining past.
Queenstown is the home of the ABT Railway - opened in 1897 to transport copper to Strahan - the only way to get the ore to market. This railway was the only access through to Queenstown until 1932 when the road to Hobart was opened. When I drove tour coaches down in Tassie we used to stay there overnight, I have to admit it was not the most exciting place to stay overnight but amazing how the trees and local vegetation were destroyed by the miners of the day. If I got the chance to choose I always loved staying in Strahan over looking the township. I know all the tourists love the island and its many wonderful walks so if you have never been there and got the change to do a few walks try to do at least a few they are amazing.
Looking forward to seeing it, sad you can’t join us Geoff, always enjoy your knowledge of our big country 🙂

·
Upside Down
3,679 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it, sad you can’t join us Geoff, always enjoy your knowledge of our big country 🙂
I will send you that $50.00 for the kind words and post it here as per our agreement lol OMG you are such a kind person, Anton has mentioned that so many times so to have him look to you are a person of great character must say something lol.

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,282 Posts
I will send you that $50.00 for the kind words and post it here as per our agreement lol OMG you are such a kind person, Anton has mentioned that so many times so to have him look to you are a person of great character must say something lol.
Thanks bud (and for the $50 😁)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Antonz you mean the scenery won't be great....or it going to be 🥶 Cold is ok with me but Reality I don't do too well 😂
The scenery will be good mate but it can get dry and very brown during the warmer months. If you ride Tassie and come away not liking it then you’re too hard to please. I’m sure you’ll love it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The scenery will be good mate but it can get dry and very brown during the warmer months. If you ride Tassie and come away not liking it then you’re too hard to please. I’m sure you’ll love it.
Antonz I'm lalready having a great time. A great ride with good people will make exceptional memories I'm sure mate.

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,282 Posts
Do you know that for sure and what are his wages? I know Anton has that leadership quality and may not need to advise . :unsure::whistle::rolleyes:
No wages mate, I just look after him and make sure the happy clappers don’t drag them into their cheerful singing cult 😁👍🙌 🙏

321 - 340 of 356 Posts